Full share of BIG media rights

Herbie95

Why pour money into non-revenue sports that no one really cares about?

idk I think the hundreds of kids being given free educations and hoping to make the olympics or make a career out of their craft care about them.

If the goal is to give out free education, who not simply dole out hundreds of scholarships to poor and first-generation college students? I would prefer that to creating some sports programs no one cares about so some kids playing sports no one cares about can attend school for free.

If the goal is to help the athletic department and/or the university, it makes far more sense to plow the money back into the sports people care about and already generate revenue than to create and subsidize even more silly programs like bowling.

But.... the university does that...

So do more of it.

idk I think the hundreds of kids being given free educations and hoping to make the olympics or make a career out of their craft care about them.

If the goal is to give out free education, who not simply dole out hundreds of scholarships to poor and first-generation college students? I would prefer that to creating some sports programs no one cares about so some kids playing sports no one cares about can attend school for free.

If the goal is to help the athletic department and/or the university, it makes far more sense to plow the money back into the sports people care about and already generate revenue than to create and subsidize even more silly programs like bowling.

So do more of it.

But, the Athletic Department is a separate entity from the University. The funds from the BTN are for the Athletic Department, which operates on a budget that is separate from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

So do more of it.

But, the Athletic Department is a separate entity from the University. The funds from the BTN are for the Athletic Department, which operates on a budget that is separate from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
So if the Athletic department is a different entity, do they pay the school for the education of the players they are providing scholarships for?

So do more of it.

So if the Athletic department is a different entity, do they pay the school for the education of the players they are providing scholarships for?

yes

So do more of it.

They actually do. See page 9 of this document. http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/3003724.pdf

It shows that in 2013-14, the Athletic Department paid $7.3 million to the University of Nebraska for tuition, books, and housing for student athletes. In total, there were $16.2 million of Athletic Department expenses paid to the University.