Spring Injury Reports

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Surgery was three months ago exactly, and JoJo Domann happily reports he's "ahead of schedule" in his recovery.

What the Husker sophomore safety doesn't want to do, however, is try to come back earlier than is wise. Just as it was suggested when he suffered an ACL injury in the spring, a redshirt season is still very much a possibility while not a complete certainty.

Mike Riley initially said in early April a full recovery for Domann could take until around October -- that time of year when a touch decision may need to be made on whether to bring a player back for a limited season or not.

"I just want to make sure I don't re-injure myself," Domann said. "And I know Coach and I are on the same page. We're in good hands with Joshua Kalu and Aaron Williams back there right now, and Kieron Williams rotating in. So I think unless I'm going to be needed a lot, we're planning on just redshirting.

LJS

• Fire 3

Jojo is going to be a really really talented player for us down the line and I hope that both parties can agree to the seemingly smart play here which is redshirting him now and maximizing his 3 years left of playing time

Agreed. Redshirt and maybe he can practice a little bit during the year. Don't do a DPE right here.