Spring Practice - Offensive Line

Do the Huskers finish better than 9th in rushing this season behind this group after last year's dismal finish? Was that the worst Nebraska's ever finished as far as rushing offense in their respective conference?

Do they finish worse? I'm thinking we'll be getting pretty much the same results this year but am really hoping I'm wrong. How well are they going to be able to protect these lesser mobile quarterbacks when they start playing for real?

How would we get the same result or worse with almost the same line minus the weak link and adding 4 scholarship players to the depth chart?

Mike Cavanaugh for one? You're much more confident than I am. Even Mike Riley has been vocal with his concern about our o line situation right now. Wake up.

Wake up? It's spring ball. Nothing Mike Riley has said suggests we have critical flaws at the Oline position. All of what he said sounds like things that can be addressed and fixed before we play a game. You don't have faith in Cav why? Because we were poor a year ago? We also didn't have very many bodies a year ago. Still don't but that has been improved thanks to Cav. I don't see how anyone could possibly look at our Oline situation and not deduct that we will at least be a little better than a year ago. But you are right about one thing, regression would be very startling and if that happens Cav nweds to go.

Look I'd be the first one to say last year wasn't good enough and we need to see significant improvement this year or else. But to expect no improvement sounds like you are just hoping he will fail given the players we have added to the depth chart

Wake up? It's spring ball. Nothing Mike Riley has said suggests we have critical flaws at the Oline position. All of what he said sounds like things that can be addressed and fixed before we play a game. You don't have faith in Cav why? Because we were poor a year ago? We also didn't have very many bodies a year ago. Still don't but that has been improved thanks to Cav. I don't see how anyone could possibly look at our Oline situation and not deduct that we will at least be a little better than a year ago. But you are right about one thing, regression would be very startling and if that happens Cav nweds to go.

Look I'd be the first one to say last year wasn't good enough and we need to see significant improvement this year or else. But to expect no improvement sounds like you are just hoping he will fail given the players we have added to the depth chart

Uhh. Mike Riley has definitely voiced concern over our O line and it's need for development for one and also if it's one thing I'm hoping it's for the Huskers do better statistically than last year regarding the run game.

Again wake up.

Uhh. Mike Riley has definitely voiced concern over our O line and it's need for development for one and also if it's one thing I'm hoping it's for the Huskers do better statistically than last year regarding the run game.

Again wake up.

he has voiced concerns, he hasn't said, man we don't have the guys to be good up front. He said they need to get better. I would hope so, it's still the spring. I don't need to wake up to anything, you need to understand "voicing concern" doesn't mean the sky is falling

Again wake up.

he has voiced concerns, he hasn't said, man we don't have the guys to be good up front. He said they need to get better. I would hope so, it's still the spring. I don't need to wake up to anything, you need to understand "voicing concern" doesn't mean the sky is falling

Right.

372497.jpg

Man whatever. They will get better than they are now. We have more depth than we did last year as well as more experienced. If that doesn't make them any better color me stupid

I hope they're better this year also don't get me wrong. Whether they are or not we'll have to see. They're going to have to protect a different style of QB back there also. It's a legitimate concern to be concerned after last year's performance.

I don't know how you can look at last year and equate that to this year. No Jerald Foster and alot of our backups were walk on players. We now have scholarship lineman to back up all of our starters, that should make a difference. Having Jerald Foster out there instead of Haun should make a difference. Knevel not playing on a bum wheel(supposedly) should make a difference. We will see on that last one as I'm not sold on Knevel but we are in better shape than a year ago plain and simple.

I don't know how you can look at last year and equate that to this year. No Jerald Foster and alot of our backups were walk on players. We now have scholarship lineman to back up all of our starters, that should make a difference. Having Jerald Foster out there instead of Haun should make a difference. Knevel not playing on a bum wheel(supposedly) should make a difference. We will see on that last one as I'm not sold on Knevel but we are in better shape than a year ago plain and simple.

Again I it's legit to see the o line as an area of concern after last year's performance. You can 'what if' all you want.

Again I it's legit to see the o line as an area of concern after last year's performance. You can 'what if' all you want.

it is a concern but to assume we will be the same as last year is asinine for the reasons I pointed out. You didn't give any supporting info to your argument other than we were bad last year. Not a very good argument imo