14-year-old girl gang-raped in high school bathroom by illegal immigrants

There are millions of White, conservative, religious men who don't think raping anyone is fine.

Also, Mars was banned awhile ago I think.

1. Can't prove it empirically, but based on experience in dealing with conservative, religious, white males, too many think a woman being raped is "God's will." And, after all, the bible condones rape so it must be "okay."

2. Mars being banned? Okies.

Saying that white, conservative, religious men have a "rape is fine" problem is as damaging and stereotypical as the reverse.

I think this is sort of a racism pervades everything deal. A lot of rapes, murders, and other crimes happen and we all condemn them. But when it's an other committing the crime, that draws this side of people out like moths to a flame. It's a natural reaction, I suppose. It's just awful if we hang onto it or worse, follow those impulses wherever they lead.

Saying that white, conservative, religious men have a "rape is fine" problem is as damaging and stereotypical as the reverse.

I think this is sort of a racism pervades everything deal. A lot of rapes, murders, and other crimes happen and we all condemn them. But when it's an other committing the crime, that draws this side of people out like moths to a flame. It's a natural reaction, I suppose. It's just awful if we hang onto it or worse, follow those impulses wherever they lead.

I 100% understand what you're saying and the intent you're conveying.

However...

Numerous (supposedly religious) Republicans (those of the elected variety) have said that rape can legitimate and/or that a woman's body has a way of "shutting down" a rape.

To expand on that, it does not take a statistician to extrapolate that if conservative, religious, white males (who are elected officials) think that, that a percentage of their conservative, white male, constituency thinks along similar lines.

Can ANYONE provide me with a linked, attributable quote/tweet/soundbite etc where a Democrat male, liberal, or similar thought related person has ever said rape is "legitimate" or a woman's body can "shut a rape down?"

If anyone can provide such a link I will amend my broad stroke condemnation of conservative, religious, white male, republicans.

I'm asking if anyone can provide a link where any (D) or "liberal" male has said this because I don't think any have.

However, I've provided a link where republican men have said such ludicrous claims.

Can ANYONE provide me with a linked, attributable quote/tweet/soundbite etc where a Democrat male, liberal, or similar thought related person has ever said rape is "legitimate" or a woman's body can "shut a rape down?"

If anyone can provide such a link I will amend my broad stroke condemnation of conservative, religious, white male, republicans.

I'm asking if anyone can provide a link where any (D) or "liberal" male has said this because I don't think any have.

However, I've provided a link where republican men have said such ludicrous claims.

Why on earth would showing that there's a liberal who's said things like that (hint - they're out there) have any effect on what you think about the tendency of White Christian Republicans to say the same types of things?

I agree with many of your beliefs but you don't seem to have any understanding of anecdotes or incidence. You are constantly saying things like, "These 2 old white guys said this so all old White guys in the history of our universe must think the exact same things about everything that those 2 do."

Ariel Castro, who kidnapped, raped and held hostage 3 girls for 10-12 years in his house, was a registered Democrat. So I guess all Democrats kidnap, hold hostage and rape people for years.

See how this works?

Also he was Hispanic.

All Hispanic people are kidnappers and rapists.

I don't care how many old White male Christian Republicans you've met. For every one you've met, there are young Athiest liberal non-White Democrats who think the same way. You can argue about incidence all you want, but you should quit generalizing constantly.

Why on earth would showing that there's a liberal who's said things like that (hint - they're out there) have any effect on what you think about the tendency of White Christian Republicans to say the same types of things?

I agree with many of your beliefs but you don't seem to have any understanding of anecdotes or incidence. You are constantly saying things like, "These 2 old white guys said this so all old White guys in the history of our universe must think the exact same things about everything that those 2 do."

Ariel Castro, who kidnapped, raped and held hostage 3 girls for 10-12 years in his house, was a registered Democrat. So I guess all Democrats kidnap, hold hostage and rape people for years.

See how this works?

Also he was Hispanic.

I don't care how many old White male Christian Republicans you've met. For every one you've met, there are young Athiest liberal non-White Democrats who think the same way. You can argue about incidence all you want, but you should quit generalizing constantly.

As soon as I can accurately account for every single instance...

As soon as I can drill down to empirically include every example, of every single instance, of who said what...

Then I'll stop generalizing...

You're asking me to essentially prove a negative. I've given a link where conservative, "religious" white males have said that rapes are "legitimate" and/or a woman's body can "...shut a rape down."

All I'm asking for is one single example where a (D) or liberal male has said something similar.

It shouldn't be that hard to provide a link to prove...right?

See how this works?

Also he was Hispanic.

As soon as I can accurately account for every single instance...

As soon as I can drill down to empirically include every example, of every single instance, of who said what...

Then I'll stop generalizing...

You're asking me to essentially prove a negative. I've given a link where conservative, "religious" white males have said that rapes are "legitimate" and/or a woman's body can "...shut a rape down."

All I'm asking for is one single example where a (D) or liberal male has said something similar.

It shouldn't be that hard to provide a link to prove...right?

rofl

I just told you about a Democrat who did something FAR, FAR, worse than what you're looking for, and this is your response. You're not using your brain. Your examples are Republicans saying something. My example is that this m-f'r raped 3 girls for 10 f'ing years. Even so, none of that, or the thing you're looking for, are relevant at all in this discussion. And they shouldn't change your mind. We're talking about judging an entire group of people based on a few select examples - It's Stupid.

Finding a bunch of examples of Republicans doing something bad means you can look into a tendency. You can even say "it tends to be Republican politicians who say these types of things" and I would agree with you. But that's not with you say. You go full on nutjob. I prefer that my fellow non-Republicans be more reasonable than you're being.

Also, you should probably stop talking about statisticians if you're going to say that you have to generalize if you don't have data on the full population. That's not how that works.

Okay...

Next time, before I talk about ANYTHING...

I'll make sure that I have documented examples covering every conceivable outcome...

I'll make sure that no matter what I talk about, I'll cover the one hundred or more possible exceptions...

Since, you know, that seems to be your standard.

Still not how that works, or what anyone's asking from you. Because of your extremely flimsy approach to this, anyone can "prove" to you that White Christian male Republicans are perfect angels by finding one, JUST ONE, who is an amazing person. That's all it takes and it's why making gross over-generalizations is bad. If you can use a couple anecdotal examples to say EVERYONE of that type behaves that way, then someone can do the same thing right back at you, but say the exact opposite.

My standard is to not to make sweeping accusations about all members of an entire population based on a couple people. People have said that already but it keeps going over your head. My example should have made it obvious why it's a stupid thing to do. There is at least one person of every race/gender/age/size/shape who has murdered someone or who has raped someone. It doesn't mean ALL people of all of those races/genders/ages/sizes/shapes are rapists and murderers. Stop talking as if it does. You're no better than Mars when you do this. You're basically proving his (and Trump's) point for him. A couple illegal immigrants raped someone, therefore all illegals are rapists. You just happen to be aiming it at a different population.

It's not the unreasonableness of the standard. It's the strength of your own claims: the more firm and outrageous they are, the harder it is for them to meet any sort of scrutiny.

Honestly, I think a lot more people would agree with you generally if you didn't make really inflammatory claims and insist on the generalizations being valid. I can agree, for example, that at least one GOP congressman (Akin?) said that line and it probably reflects some measure of agreement from his constituency.

• Fire 1