United Airlines PR Disaster

I mean the guy did accept their offer but then got back onto the plane in which why United had to call security.

That's not what happened.
Oh but it did

The United employee then told the man that if he did not get off the plane, she would call security. As she turned to leave, the man shouted after her, Mr. Bridges said. Specifically, he said, the passenger complained that he had been singled out because he was Chinese.

It was really intense, really uncomfortable, he said.

The situation also became uncomfortable for the United employees who then got on board and took the vacated seats, Mr. Bridges said. They were berated by passengers and told they should be ashamed, he said.

The man who had been removed returned to the flight briefly, Mr. Bridges said. Video shows him jogging through the aisle, repeatedly saying, I have to go home.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/10/business/united-flight-passenger-dragged.amp.html

Omg dude, remember when Knapp told you to do a little research in the P and R forum a couple weeks back, well nows the time to do that. He got back on the plane AFTER the incident. With his face bloodied and concussed. Jesus. Thank god you don't work in a public service job. You don't know that the word compassion even means...

The article is poorly written and they completely skipped where they dragged him off, honest mistake....sue me

Compassion for a guy who REPEATEDLY ignore commands and even after they advised him that they would physically remove him and still nothing. I have very little compassion for dumbasses like this guy

The problem is you pull this crap all the time. You constantly get the story wrong because you don't bother to look into it, then come to conclusions based on false information.

It's utterly baffling that you side with the company who thought their airline employees were so important they couldn't put them on another plane taking off at the same time.

FYI, the plane was not overbooked. It was full. Then they decided to let 4 extra people onboard at the last minute.

I guess you missed the part where I said that United was at fault too.....

See you do this all the time

• Fire 2

You mentioned in one sentence that you think both parties at fault. Then you've spent the next dozen-plus posts focusing on how only one party was being so dumb.

Kind of like when my uncle says, "Don't get me wrong, I'm not a racist, but is it just me or are all these black women just being lazy welfare queens?" Just because you said the words doesn't mean you aren't revealing something else by what you focus on.

• Fire 2

Dewiz, what do you think you would do if you were far from home this September when your wife is about to give birth to another kid, or a parent is about to pass away, or you've got some other emergency and you find yourself being told that you can't stay on the flight that you paid for and sat down on?

I hope that situation never happens to you.

But if it does, and you (very reasonably because you're a human being) resist because you know you have to be home, and you get your teeth knocked out, and you get concussed, and millions of people drag your name through the mud for it...

well, I hope that if that happened to you I wouldn't be as cold-hearted, unkind, and indifferent as you're being.

Dude this ones easy.....

I'll listen and obey authority. Whatever money reimbursement they offer me I'll take it if it's acceptable (I was ok with the $800 United offered). I figure out another flight back or I drive my ass to whatever destination I need to be at.

What I won't do is make an ass of myself and not comply to the authority of the flight crew. Let's say I don't comply with their instructions and they call in security or a cop, my ass is then complying and I'll remove myself off the plane.

A lot of you are failing to understand that it's a federal law to not comply to the flight crews instructions.

Here's the difference between myself and the doctor. I listen to authority and I respect said authority. People nowadays have little to no respect to authority and think that they are entitled to everything and anything. Listen, follow the rules/laws, respect authority and there won't be any problems.

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Thomas Jefferson

I mean the guy did accept their offer but then got back onto the plane in which why United had to call security.

Oh but it did

The United employee then told the man that if he did not get off the plane, she would call security. As she turned to leave, the man shouted after her, Mr. Bridges said. Specifically, he said, the passenger complained that he had been singled out because he was Chinese.

The situation also became uncomfortable for the United employees who then got on board and took the vacated seats, Mr. Bridges said. They were berated by passengers and told they should be ashamed, he said.

The man who had been removed returned to the flight briefly, Mr. Bridges said. Video shows him jogging through the aisle, repeatedly saying, I have to go home.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/10/business/united-flight-passenger-dragged.amp.html

Omg dude, remember when Knapp told you to do a little research in the P and R forum a couple weeks back, well nows the time to do that. He got back on the plane AFTER the incident. With his face bloodied and concussed. Jesus. Thank god you don't work in a public service job. You don't know that the word compassion even means...

The article is poorly written and they completely skipped where they dragged him off, honest mistake....sue me

Compassion for a guy who REPEATEDLY ignore commands and even after they advised him that they would physically remove him and still nothing. I have very little compassion for dumbasses like this guy

The problem is you pull this crap all the time. You constantly get the story wrong because you don't bother to look into it, then come to conclusions based on false information.

It's utterly baffling that you side with the company who thought their airline employees were so important they couldn't put them on another plane taking off at the same time.

FYI, the plane was not overbooked. It was full. Then they decided to let 4 extra people onboard at the last minute.

Nah I didn't miss it. Your replies have the implication of caring a hell of a lot more for United's side.

RE: you saying you'd book another flight.

The flight was at 5:20, fairly late, and they offered a hotel. This should give one the impression there weren't other flights available to get to his destination.

The $800 or even $3,000 means nothing compared to getting to his patients on time and having a job.

Oh but it did

Nah I didn't miss it. Your replies have the implication of caring a hell of a lot more for United's side.

RE: you saying you'd book another flight.

The flight was at 5:20, fairly late, and they offered a hotel. This should give one the impression there weren't other flights available to get to his destination.

The $800 or even $3,000 means nothing compared to getting to his patients on time and having a job.

"Sorry I missed our kid being born/sorry I didn't get to say goodbye dad, but I got a few hundred dollars and a free night in a hotel. Oh well."

Does anyone else in this thread think they would behave like such a boy scout?

I also want to add I find it funny how many times I've heard since this broke "why does being a Dr make him more important."

A Dr who has meetings with patients the next day IS more important than a lot of people. Above him I would put people attending weddings/funerals, people who went to the trouble of herding kids onto a plane, and tied I would put anyone else who might get fired if they're a day late.

So when it's closing time, and the bouncer says it's time to go, if you dilly dally you are asking to be assaulted?

How many times has he told me to get out of the club? Do I physically try to resist as he's trying to remove me from the club?

If by assaulted than do you mean physically placing his hands on me by pushing me out? Sure

Assualting me by beating me up or dragging me out....Bo

If he calls the cops and I still refuse to leave, I'm pretty sure theres going to be a physical altercation in the near future....than yes

But again none of these would apply to me cause I would listen and leave.

So when it's closing time, and the bouncer says it's time to go, if you dilly dally you are asking to be assaulted?

How many times has he told me to get out of the club? Do I physically try to resist as he's trying to remove me from the club?

If by assaulted than do you mean physically placing his hands on me by pushing me out? Sure

Assualting me by beating me up or dragging me out....Bo

If he calls the cops and I still refuse to leave, I'm pretty sure theres going to be a physical altercation in the near future....than yes

But again none of these would apply to me cause I would listen and leave.

In other words there is literally nothing you find worth fighting for. Even if you did absolutely nothing wrong.