Fox News Scandals

That's the way an American court works, but I am not a court and I can call him guilty all I damn well please. He is guilty and I hold that as fact. I don't have to give him any benefit of the doubt. The court of public opinion does not fall under these "rules" of innocent until proven guilty. That's not how America works, that's how the American justice system works which is a crock of sh#t anyway. Influencial white men have never been held accountable for their terrible actions against women in this country. So I'm not going to trust a guilty or innocent verdict by a court of law on this anyway. He did it and even if he comes out of this "innocent" by law, I have no doubt in my mind he has harassed multiple women throughout his career.

And in no way am I just wanting to rail on the guy because I dislike him or somethimg, the evidence is just pretty damning.

#1 is wrong. There is no proof of that, and it's not our place to act as if it's a fact. Those are allegations.

Oh come on...

Everyone knows that Bill O'Reilly has done everything he's been accused of and more.

Roger Ailes was involved in just as many, if not more, sexual harassment claims than Bill O'Reilly was.

The entire "culture" at Fox News seems to be the equivalent of a misogynistic men's club.

What do you guys consider to be sexual harassment? I've had an assistant principal put her hand on my back and sort of rub my back as a nice gesture But is that sexual-harassment? I have had superiors tell me that I "look nice today" but they did not tell everybody else that was in the room the same thing Is that sexual-harassment?

In both those instances I did not ask for my back to be slightly rubbed and I did not ask for a complement on my appearance.

When I worked in healthcare and there literally was 50+ women in our unit compared to less than 10 men, I definitely found myself in situations like this. I was a young college kid. One time I had a nurse walk up to me in front of all the rest of the female nurses on duty and say..."Hey, want a screw?" I was shocked and speechless. Then, she opened her hand and handed me a "screw". Everyone got a really hard laugh out of it.

I didn't report anything and just laughed it off. But, that moment stuck with me ever since. What if I was offended? What if, because I was offended, my job was in jeopardy or if I was held out of a promotion because of my reaction?

Sexual Harassment is not just a male on female thing. Working in healthcare like I did as a young college student made me realize it can happen anywhere one sex is dominant in the work place over the other.

FYI....I never comment on a woman's appearance in the work place. I don't even care if it's a cool pair of shoes.

Healthcare workers are a different breed. I don't think Ive met one yet that doesn't have a dirty mind. I think you need a sense of humor working in healthcare with all the screwed up crap you see. I worked with a guy who was a navy corpsman and an xray tech for 25 years and this guy had the dirtiest mind youll ever see and he said it was because of all the f'd up sh#t he has seen and that sense of humor helped him cope with it.

As a matter of fact, Im at work right now and just gave a co-worker a breathing treatment. When I handed her the mouth piece she said "what do I do with this?" I said "suck it" with out even realizing it sounded bad and the owner (a woman) burst out laughing. And so did the co-worker.

How do these people have any more money? Seems like they've paid out a billion dollars in lawsuit settlements

If I were a stock holder, I would be pissed off.
No kidding. Not only are they paying out absurd amounts of cash to settle or cut ties with these scandals, they have lost their star player for good. I'm sure people who used to watch O Reilly will still watch whatever is in his place. But I still think, as bad of a guy as he is, thats a big hit for them because he was very popular.

Debbie Schlussel came out and clarified - saying she wasn't sexually harassed but felt Hannity was 'creepy'. She made the comments on the local Tulsa radio show of Pat Campbell's. I've heard her on the show before but I missed this segment.

Pat said this morning that Schlussel won't settle if Fox comes after her. She, as a lawyer, will fight it out with them.

Here is Pat's pod cast site which has the interview he did wt Debbie.

http://www.1170kfaq.com/podcasts/patcampbell

http://www.latimes.com/business/

The sad part is, there are thousands of people in an organization like Fox News who just want to do a good job, and the men at the top are being asshats. Makes the workers look bad by association.

Fox will survive and thrive, I'm sure, but these people have to deal with this in the meantime.

• Fire 2

The sad part is, there are thousands of people in an organization like Fox News who just want to do a good job, and the men at the top are being asshats. Makes the workers look bad by association.

Fox will survive and thrive, I'm sure, but these people have to deal with this in the meantime.

I agree.

But, the managers (who none of us see) within the organization have quite the job to do to change the culture. It's very possible this was just centered around the top people like Ailes and O'Reilly and the rest of the men in the organization were not allowed to act like this.

no matter what, internally, this needs to be handled "correctly" or it remains a very toxic place to work.