The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

It is the act along with the motives that are bad. Trump didn't ask for approval because he knew he wouldn't get it because he was acting in his own self interest. Biden got approval because he was doing something the entire government and all of our allies wanted done.

Trump wouldn't get it because there was s#!t to hide.

Biden got it because the supporting cast wasn't hiding anything from him.

The fake outrage and hypocrisy is what is driving me nuts.  Just once, I want someone to admit it isn't the action that Trump did, but that it was Trump period.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Redux said:

Trump wouldn't get it because there was s#!t to hide.

Biden got it because the supporting cast wasn't hiding anything from him.

The fake outrage and hypocrisy is what is driving me nuts.  Just once, I want someone to admit it isn't the action that Trump did, but that it was Trump period.

What s#!t was there to hide? 

Trump wouldn't have gotten approval because that is not a foriegn policy issue. If Trump wants Biden investigated that is something he should ask Bill Barr to do. Or he could have asked Devin Nunes to do it when Repubs had full control of Congress and Nunes was head of the intelligence committee. 

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Trump wouldn't have gotten approval because that is not a foriegn policy issue.

Says who?  Seriously, according to who?  The same people who would have told him no, the same people who would maybe possibly have an interest in preventing him from taking a look?  That doesn't seem shady in the slightest?

Nobody should ever have a problem with a POTUS, red or blue, looking into foreign affairs considering it's part of the friggin job

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If Trump wants Biden investigated that is something he should ask Bill Barr to do. Or he could have asked Devin Nunes to do it when Repubs had full control of Congress and Nunes was head of the intelligence committee. 

And I'm fine with all that, no disagreement from me here.  He timed it poorly for himself and gave the Dems a shred of firepower against him.  That's what he's guilty of.  End of story.

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

What s#!t was there to hide? 

If we knew that Trump never would have had to make that call, no?

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

Says who?  Seriously, according to who?  The same people who would have told him no, the same people who would maybe possibly have an interest in preventing him from taking a look?  That doesn't seem shady in the slightest?

Nobody should ever have a problem with a POTUS, red or blue, looking into foreign affairs considering it's part of the friggin job

And I'm fine with all that, no disagreement from me here.  He timed it poorly for himself and gave the Dems a shred of firepower against him.  That's what he's guilty of.  End of story.

If we knew that Trump never would have had to make that call, no?

If Trump was doing something he thought was right why would he assume Congress would tell him no and do an end around from the start? You are assuming Congress would have said no because they have stuff to hide(even though Republicans control the senate) and not even giving credence to the idea Congress might have said no because it isn't in our national security interest to withhold funds from ukraine until they announce an investigation.

4 minutes ago, QMany said:

At this point, this is obvious willful ignorance. Stop feeding the troll. 

No, it's not.  And this is a total cop out mentality.  ANY time someone comes in and questions things or doesn't blissfully agree they get labeled a troll.  Just stop it, that's why people  cry echo chamber.  Seriously, don't be childish.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If Trump was doing something he thought was right why would he assume Congress would tell him no and do an end around from the start? You are assuming Congress would have said no because they have stuff to hide(even though Republicans control the senate) and not even giving credence to the idea Congress might have said no because it isn't in our national security interest to withhold funds from ukraine until they announce an investigation.

Because they would, do you disagree?  Especially if someone they support had something to hide.

I'm not asking you or anyone to agree with me.  I'm just defending my position.  He did what he's accused of without seeking the proper channels.  I'm fine with that.  Is it an abuse of power?  Meh.  It's pretty on par with the last several guys who didn't get Impeachment thrown at them.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Redux said:

Because they would, do you disagree?  Especially if someone they support had something to hide.

I'm not asking you or anyone to agree with me.  I'm just defending my position.  He did what he's accused of without seeking the proper channels.  I'm fine with that.  Is it an abuse of power?  Meh.  It's pretty on par with the last several guys who didn't get Impeachment thrown at them.

I completely agree. Where we diverge is why they would say no. Assuming it's because they have something to hide assumes that everyone in Congress supports Joe Biden. I have a hard time believing that.

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

No, it's not.  And this is a total cop out mentality.  ANY time someone comes in and questions things or doesn't blissfully agree they get labeled a troll.  Just stop it, that's why people  cry echo chamber.

People have laid out the facts for you over and over and over, yet you still try to argue false equivalencies and debunked conspiracies. At some point, it is in bad faith, and I think we are well beyond that.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, QMany said:

People have laid out the facts for you over and over and over, yet you still try to argue false equivalencies and debunked conspiracies. At some point, it is in bad faith, and I think we are well beyond that.

Oh give me a break, debunked by whom?  Me questioning that doesn't make me a troll, it makes you lazy for throwing that word out.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I completely agree. Where we diverge is why they would say no. Assuming it's because they have something to hide assumes that everyone in Congress supports Joe Biden. I have a hard time believing that.

That's your choice.  No, not everyone in Congress, just the right ones

And I think they would have easily found a way to deny him, just as easily as many of you are dismissing me.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Oh give me a break, debunked by whom?  Me questioning that doesn't make me a troll, it makes you lazy for throwing that word out.

Our intelligence agencies and National Security experts. Tim Morrison, Republican witness in the impeachment testified he told Guiliani these accusations were debunked in the summer and Guilinanis response was I know. Who has brought forth proof of these accusations? John Solomon?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

That's your choice.  No, not everyone in Congress, just the right ones

And I think they would have easily found a way to deny him, just as easily as many of you are dismissing me.

What right congresspeople could stop a majority in the Senate? Why didn't Trump do this earlier considering the Biden thing happened in 2016? He wouldn't have been stopped by a Republican majority in both House and Senate