The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Funny. How about a real point next time or I'll just assume you have limited knowledge on the situation.

With his self appointed AG, full control of House and Senate he wouldn't have been able to do that? I call BS

You can totally assume that.  

We all have limited (or no) knowledge on any of these topics, we are not there, we do not see it, we get reports/news from other people, we get gossip.

Do you think it is safe to assume that Joe's kid got that job because he was Joe's kid?  Yes, we all think that is safe to assume.

Do you care?  No, some people pretend to care, but no one really cares.

Would you do the same thing even though it is sketchy? Yes, of course you would, we all would.

• Thanks 1

Just now, teachercd said:

You can totally assume that.  

We all have limited (or no) knowledge on any of these topics, we are not there, we do not see it, we get reports/news from other people, we get gossip.

Do you think it is safe to assume that Joe's kid got that job because he was Joe's kid?  Yes, we all think that is safe to assume.

Do you care?  No, some people pretend to care, but no one really cares.

Would you do the same thing even though it is sketchy? Yes, of course you would, we all would.

Getting a job because people know you are Joe Bidens kid is alot different than Joe Biden setting you up with a job

1 minute ago, Redux said:

I'm more interested in the fund withholdings blackmail tactic being okay and not okay based solely off red and blue ties saying yay or nay.

Well I'm sorry but that's exactly how this works. The President is not a rogue actor. Congress has power of the purse.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Well I'm sorry but that's exactly how this works. The President is not a rogue actor. Congress has power of the purse.

Which is why it's so hypocritical and silly that everyone is crying about Trump and not Biden.  It's not the act that was bad, it's that everyone respects congress so much?  Not buying that.

• Plus1 1

Also I think it's important to note that the money Trump withheld was taxpayer dollars which Congress has full control over. He did not get approval from Congress to hold these funds. The money Biden withheld came from the International Monetary Fund. The IMF approved withholding the loans to pressure Shokins ouster

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

It is exactly the same and he should be happy about and we would all do the same exact thing.  

It is not exactly the same. Quit being disingenuous. One involves zero action from Joe Biden the other suggests he pulled strings.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Also I think it's important to note that the money Trump withheld was taxpayer dollars which Congress has full control over. He did not get approval from Congress to hold these funds. The money Biden withheld came from the International Monetary Fund. The IMF approved withholding the loans to pressure Shokins ouster

It is not exactly the same. Quit being disingenuous. One involves zero action from Joe Biden the other suggests he pulled strings.

He did pull strings...he son is his son.  That is the string.  I wish I had that break in life and so do all of us.  I wish my last name was Kennedy instead of McBigdong, but it isn't.  

The greatest pulled string of all...is the one that you don't have to pull all that hard.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Redux said:

Which is why it's so hypocritical and silly that everyone is crying about Trump and not Biden.  It's not the act that was bad, it's that everyone respects congress so much?  Not buying that.

It is the act along with the motives that are bad. Trump didn't ask for approval because he knew he wouldn't get it because he was acting in his own self interest. Biden got approval because he was doing something the entire government and all of our allies wanted done.

He did pull strings...he son is his son.  That is the string.  I wish I had that break in life and so do all of us.  I wish my last name was Kennedy instead of McBigdong, but it isn't.  

The greatest pulled string of all...is the one that you don't have to pull all that hard.

Just stop man. 

• Plus1 1

Thank you for being gracious in defeat.  Most posters will not do that.  I appreciate it.

You are saying Joe Biden is being shady for fathering a child and being Vice President. Im not admitting defeat I'm just not giving any more time to that ridiculous argument.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

You are saying Joe Biden is being shady for fathering a child and being Vice President. Im not admitting defeat I'm just not giving any more time to that ridiculous argument.

Well, to quote Ron "Here we go again"

I guess you are not done, which is fine.  

I don't think I said shady, I might have, but I thought I said sketchy.  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Well, to quote Ron "Here we go again"

I guess you are not done, which is fine.  

I don't think I said shady, I might have, but I thought I said sketchy.  

You did say sketchy. Either way it's not a very solid argument to make. If Joe Biden did something to help Hunter get that job other than fathering him and becoming a VP I'd like to see it.