The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Well, I guess we know why Biden has been conspicuously absent:

It shouldn't surprise me that the Dems are going to put up this weak candidate, but I keep being amazed.

What... did he even say there?

His VP choice is going to be the most crucial decision in my lifetime. Without question.

23 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Interesting you should mention his VP choice:

Ball using this quote out of context betrays her lack of objectivity and partisan motivations.

Of course you've got a negative view of Biden if you take your cues from grifters like Kulinski and Ball who make their living inventing new takes why the establishment is terrible.

18 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Why?

I will let Knapp answer for himself but I'll jump in wt my thoughts

1. Amy perhaps more than any of the Dems previously running for President  has the least baggage in the closet that Trump can attack

2. She is the least divisive in temperament and in practice. She has shown a willingness to work with all people across the political divide.  We need this type of attitude more than ever in DC. 

3. In regards to temperament - she is the 'anti-Trump'

4.  She has longevity in the Senate and has passed important legislation.

5. Like Sen Harris, she has a DA experience - not a push over type of person

6. Has foreign affairs committee experience

7.  Is young - so when they wheel Biden out of the WH due to some medical issue, we shouldn't have to worry about a Soviet style rotating door at the WH (Early 1980s Reagan complained that he couldn't negotiate with the Soviets as the leaders kept dying off)

8. She will help Biden in Wisc, Mich and possibly PA.

I also would be happy wt Senator Harris. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Ball using this quote out of context betrays her lack of objectivity and partisan motivations.

Of course you've got a negative view of Biden if you take your cues from grifters like Kulinski and Ball who make their living inventing new takes why the establishment is terrible.

It's not out of context. And of course you have a favorable view of Biden when you take your cues from grifters like Maddow and Matthews who make their living reusing old takes of why the establishment is good.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Why?

She is an active Senator, having sponsored or cosponsored more legislation than any other Senator in recent years.

She is pro net neutrality. She is pro data privacy.

She is pro-LGBT.

She is pro criminal justice reform and she's a former DA so she knows the system.

She is pro election security and I like her stance on campaign finance.

She is anti monopoly.

She is an advocate for fair housing.

She is pro-EPA and seems to grasp the dangers of climate change.

She has an "F" rating from the NRA.

And she's not in her 70s.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I will let Knapp answer for himself but I'll jump in wt my thoughts

1. Amy perhaps more than any of the Dems previously running for President  has the least baggage in the closet that Trump can attack

2. She is the least divisive in temperament and in practice. She has shown a willingness to work with all people across the political divide.  We need this type of attitude more than ever in DC. 

3. In regards to temperament - she is the 'anti-Trump'

4.  She has longevity in the Senate and has passed important legislation.

5. Like Sen Harris, she has a DA experience - not a push over type of person

6. Has foreign affairs committee experience

7.  Is young - so when they wheel Biden out of the WH due to some medical issue, we shouldn't have to worry about a Soviet style rotating door at the WH (Early 1980s Reagan complained that he couldn't negotiate with the Soviets as the leaders kept dying off)

8. She will help Biden in Wisc, Mich and possibly PA.

I also would be happy wt Senator Harris. 

I don't think the VP choice really moves the needle much anyway, but Klobuchar appeals to the same voters as Biden. It'd be the same as when Hillary picked Kaine - hurt her with progressives and didn't help her with anyone else.

• Fire 1

Just now, knapplc said:

She is an active Senator, having sponsored or cosponsored more legislation than any other Senator in recent years.

She is pro net neutrality. She is pro data privacy.

She is pro-LGBT.

She is pro criminal justice reform and she's a former DA so she knows the system.

She is pro election security and I like her stance on campaign finance.

She is anti monopoly.

She is an advocate for fair housing.

She is pro-EPA and seems to grasp the dangers of climate change.

She has an "F" rating from the NRA.

And she's not in her 70s.

Does Biden choosing her make any difference in how you'd vote in Nov.?

8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's not out of context. And of course you have a favorable view of Biden when you take your cues from grifters like Maddow and Matthews who make their living reusing old takes of why the establishment is good.

Disagree.

“By the way, you know, remember I got in trouble with some of the people on my team, on the Democratic side, because I said, ‘You know what I’ve found is rich people are just as patriotic as poor people.’ Not a joke. I mean, we may not want to demonize anybody who has made money.”

The truth of the matter is, you all, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done. We can disagree in the margins but the truth of the matter is it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change. Because when we have income inequality as large as we have in the United States today, it brews and ferments political discord and basic revolution. Not a joke. Not a joke. I’m not (inaudible) revolution. But not a joke. It allows demagogues to step in and say the reason where we are is because of the other, the other.” You’re not the other. I need you very badly. I hope if I win this nomination, I won’t let you down. I promise you. I have a bad reputation, I always say what I mean. The problem is I sometimes say all that I mean.”

My interpretation is that he's telling them he can raise taxes on them and it won't hurt them because they already have obscene amounts of wealth.

You're welcome to your own opinion. For my money Kulinski and Ball aren't worth listening to because all they churn out are circular arguments about how awful all politicians except hardcore progressives are.

2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Disagree.

My interpretation is that he's telling them he can raise taxes on them and it won't hurt them because they already have obscene amounts of wealth.

Biden literally says nothing would fundamentally change including their standard of living. And not a word about taxes anywhere in there. He then says that he won't let them down. Just what we need, somebody taking the side of the mega-rich!