RIP Chris Cornell

The PJ bootlegs are great. So cool to own a copy of the show you attended.

I got a PJ bootleg from a CD shop the summer of '94. I wore that out during my freshman year at UNL the next year.

Youtube has really good concert videos that people put together. I have watched the PJ '14 show in Denver that I went to, as well as a Temple of the Dog Los Angeles show from last December that my friend went to.

He got me a Temple of the Dog concert t-shirt, which I am wearing under my work shirt today.

Whoa! That's a real bootleg! Wish I would've been born a little earlier lol. I've always lamented the fact I wasn't old enough to see the Chili Peppers, Nirvana and Pearl Jam tour.

Youtube is great for finding live shows, especially festival appearances.

That bootleg had terrible sound quality, but it was fun to listen to. I got it because it had Yellow Ledbetter on it, which hadn't been recorded on a PJ album yet.

One thing I wish I would have done more as a kid was to go see more concerts. I missed Nirvana in Omaha when I was a senior in high school, and I didn't see PJ until recently. I would have really liked to see RHCP when I was younger too. RHCP still tours, but I'm not as into their recent stuff as I was their older albums.

To me, Bootlegs are more about the thrill of the hunt. Anyone can go buy a CD. Hunting for a bootleg of a certain show, in a certain city, in a certain year makes it more fun. My favorite bootleg I own is a Chili Peppers bootleg from 1985 that was recorded in Omaha, took a while to hunt one down, but it was worth it.

I would highly recommend seeing the Red Hots if you ever get the opportunity.

Let's Remember Chris Cornell's Tirade About The Sonics Leaving Seattle

Grunge icon Chris Cornell died Wednesday night in Detroit at the age of 52. Cornell founded Soundgarden in the ‘80s and helped the Seattle grunge scene take over American rock music over the next decade. He was as essential as anyone in kicking off that movement, and remained active long after Soundgarden broke up the first time, in both his solo career and with Audioslave. As Rob Harvilla put it at The Ringer, “He would’ve been a rock star no matter where he’d been born, or when.”

Cornell was also a huge Seattle Supersonics fan. This morning, For The Win reminded me of one of his funnier concert moments, which came at a 2011 show at the Gorge Amphitheatre in central Washington. Cornell spotted a fan in a Kevin Durant jersey and spontaneously went off. This took place three years after the Sonics packed up and left Seattle for Oklahoma City. The moment is but a minuscule blip in Cornell’s legacy, but he was a Seattle patriot through and through, and the venom he had for Clay Bennett’s crew of hustlers was incredible.

Bad language:

• Fire 1

Man, that's a f'ing shame. Such a talented guy. We take artists like this for granted, then when they OD or off themself rarely do we have sympathy. But the lifestyle these talented people live isn't just by choice, it's out of necessity the hard life of entertaining demands. Unfortunately it catches up to them one way or another. Actors, singers/songwriters, wrestlers fighters, etc. Being in the public eye, having a massive fanbase, not having much privacy...I can't imagine the stress.

• Fire 1

Not taking this one very well. Been a gigantic fan for nearly 25 years. It simply doesn't get any better than cruising down the highway with the windows down on a nice day blaring Superunknown or Badmotorfinger.

Cornell had such amazing range as an artist. He could show rage and power in one song, and beauty and melody in another. As I pointed out, I grew to really become a big fan of his in the past 5-10 years, I am also taking this one pretty hard.

I was 9 going on 10 when Superunknown was released. I think it was one of the first albums I ever bought with my own money. I remember listening to it all the time on my off-brand walkman. I thought Chris was the raddest f'ing dude ever. Man, sad day

I was 12. My 17 year old brother LOVED the music video for Black Hole Sun so we always had to wait for it to come on again.

I agree. This doesn't really sound like someone who's planning on killing themselves. Seems like he took the pills and the overdose messed with his head.

Soon after, Cornell and Vicky spoke on the phone, with the singer slurring his words, admitting he may have taken too much Ativan and repeatedly saying "I am just tired" before abruptly hanging up.