CFB Win Totals 2017 Released

You pointed out Armstrong's stats. He's not the QB this year so those stats are irrelevant.

He was pointing out our history with Wisconsin and even said....

Now I realize that now we finally might have actual QBs who can throw...

So yeah, I'm pretty sure we all know TA is no longer our quarterback...

You pointed out Armstrong's stats. He's not the QB this year so those stats are irrelevant.

Then he should know it's irrelevant to what the team does in the future don't you think?
  • Fire 1

Then he should know it's irrelevant to what the team does in the future don't you think?

It's not necessarily irrelevant, as stated before, we've lost 6 out of the last 7 to Wisconsin. That's with 2 different quarterbacks and 2 different coaching staffs. Granted we haven't gotten blown out by Wisconsin with this staff but we haven't exactly proven we can beat the Badgers either.

That is what he was implying yes. Much like you implied we had no shot of beating Wisconsin based off past performance.

I didn't "imply" Nebraska had no shot at beating Wisconsin. I stated it outright.

Listen, all Nebraska has to do to prove me wrong is win.

Right now, we're .200 (1-5) against the Badgers.

This year, the Badgers come to Lincoln, and we have (I think, finally) an accurate passing QB.

I still think Wisconsin will win because I think they're more physical, they're better coached, they play harder, and they want it more.

Their overall record against us bears this out. Talk about #AnInconvenientTruth

I would love to hear how you came to the conclusion that they want it more than NU does

Would think our (since 2011) .200 record against the Badgers would be ample evidence.

But, since you asked...

Maybe it's the fact that NU can't run the ball. We can't really throw against the Badger defense, and, all told, really can't do sh** against them.

But right, I'm 100% sure that all our losses can be attributed to Wisconsin's higher recruiting classes and greater "talent" level.

:tv

What in gods green hell leads you to think we can't pass against Wisconsin?

Because in 2016 Tommy Armstrong had 153 yards passing and we gained, as a team, 152 yards rushing. That's 305 total yards. Hard to win any game with such low offensive output, let alone such a good division opponent.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400869683

Or 2015, when Tommy passed for 129 yards.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400763536

Or, 2014 when Tommy passed for 6/18 for 62 yards.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400547974

But until they have a 250+ yard performance, in an actual game against Wisconsin, we really don't know.

This site so bizarre sometimes. I'm pointing out things that are 100% true regarding Nebraska's dismal, year after year, performances against the Badgers, and I'm being put through the proverbial wringer like I'm stating things that are easily disproved and untrue.

#That's The Internet I Guess

:blink:

You're using obsolete data to predict a new season. Like if TA and Bo were still here, you may have a case. But they aren't, so...

It's not necessarily irrelevant, as stated before, we've lost 6 out of the last 7 to Wisconsin. That's with 2 different quarterbacks and 2 different coaching staffs. Granted we haven't gotten blown out by Wisconsin with this staff but we haven't exactly proven we can beat the Badgers either.

The difference is:

2011-2014

Bo Pelini Coach

Taylor Martinez/Tommy Armstrong Quarterbacks

1-3 record, (1 17 point comeback win-3 total blowouts)

2015-2016

Mike Riley Coach

Tommy Armstrong Quarterback

0-2 Record (1 game losing FG, 1 Overtime loss)

Mike Riley Coach

Tanner Lee Quarterback

Our last drive in the last 2 games against them could've won the game both times. Also you're comparing 2 QBs who were recruited to be run first to a QB who is pass first and judging those 2 QBs on their weaknesses to make an argument against the current QBs strength saying nothing will change.

Our last drive in the last 2 games against them could've won the game both times. Also you're comparing 2 QBs who were recruited to be run first to a QB who is pass first and judging those 2 QBs on their weaknesses to make an argument against the current QBs strength saying nothing will change.

For the most part, I'm in agreement with you. All I'm saying is I understand where he's coming from and how he got to that point. And where he's coming from isn't necessarily bad, he's simply looking at our history. He'll come around as soon as we start winning.

With that schedule, I don't see how Nebraska ends the season with less than 6 wins. The Wisconsin, Iowa, and Penn State games are winnable. Ohio State is obviously the hardest game on the schedule but anything is possible.

If Diaco comes through on the 3-4 and the O-Line plays well, we could end up with a very good record. Maybe even just one or two losses to Ohio St and maybe Penn St.

The difference is:

2011-2014

Bo Pelini Coach

Taylor Martinez/Tommy Armstrong Quarterbacks

1-3 record, (1 17 point comeback win-3 total blowouts)

2015-2016

Mike Riley Coach

Tommy Armstrong Quarterback

0-2 Record (1 game losing FG, 1 Overtime loss)

Mike Riley Coach

Tanner Lee Quarterback

I'm agreeing with you far more than him. Again, I just understand where he's coming from and how he got there because...he posted it. He'll come around if we start beating the Badgers. :)

• Fire 1

Oh I get it too, I just think the "owning us" label is a bit extreme.

Well, 6 of 7 makes it hard to argue against that...painful, I know...

Wisconsin owned Bo Pelini, I'm not ready to concede any ownage of the current staff. It's 2-0 but a slim 2-0.

Oh I get it too, I just think the "owning us" label is a bit extreme.

Well, 6 of 7 makes it hard to argue against that...painful, I know...

Wisconsin owned Bo Pelini, I'm not ready to concede any ownage of the current staff. It's 2-0 but a slim 2-0.

I'd say that's fair. :D