Trump's Inner Circle Shakeup

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/snubs-and-slights-are-part-of-the-job-in-trumps-white-house/2017/05/29/f5c9d5c0-417a-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.c1ad2f502835

That article is worth reading.

“How do you all like Nikki? ” he asked, as she looked on. “Otherwise, she can easily be replaced.”

…But the president soon ordered up a change, said someone who witnessed the moment, telling Bannon to give up his seat for the junior staff member and relegating his top strategist to the couch.

Trump also reminded the crowd — and Pence — that he could have just as easily picked someone else. “Oh, I had a couple of beauties I could have picked,” he said. “They were good, too, but maybe they wouldn’t have worked out like Mike.”

France:

“I don’t believe in diplomacy by public abuse,” [Macron] said.

Paywalls suck. I sucked it up and got a WaPo subscription this year. ASK is probably the worst. Saw on Buzzfeed the other day that for years you could sign in with a "media/media" username/password. They changed it now :(

Trump tries to humiliate everyone into submission. He's the kind of guy you have to just punch in the nose to get to back off. I like the way Mscron handled him. Didn't give him an inch.

Paywalls suck. I sucked it up and got a WaPo subscription this year. ASK is probably the worst. Saw on Buzzfeed the other day that for years you could sign in with a "media/media" username/password. They changed it now :(

Trump tries to humiliate everyone into submission. He's the kind of guy you have to just punch in the nose to get to back off. I like the way Mscron handled him. Didn't give him an inch.

From a sports perspective, if I was playing him I'd hit him hard and take the foul for it, a flagrant one. You know he would not react well to that. Personally I think he'd be scared to death, but also I think you could count on irrational responses that would have him less likely to do well on the court.

• Fire 1

From a sports perspective, if I was playing him I'd hit him hard and take the foul for it, a flagrant one. You know he would not react well to that. Personally I think he'd be scared to death, but also I think you could count on irrational responses that would have him less likely to do well on the court.

I would tend to agree. I think we saw some of this in debates. Clinton, as robotic and cold as she can be as a public speaker, did a good time at getting under his skin at points and getting him flustered.

If you do that, it's over. He totally derails.