Missouri Twitter Account Takes Shot at Nebraska, Texas

It's kind of funny how well both Mizzou and A&M have done in the SEC since joining considering most didn't give either program a snowball's chance when they left the Big 12. Football in the old Big 12 was a lot better than what it was given credit for.

This.

SO. MUCH. THIS.

Examples 1 and 2 for why the dominance of the SEC has been so completely overblown over the years.

Dominance of Alabama? Absolutely. A couple other teams having a dominant season? OK.

Dominance of the SEC. Not so much.

• Fire 4

Not that it's surprising. We must be getting under their skin on the recruiting front - otherwise I don't know why they even care.

Although a couple of recruiting targets liked it so maybe it worked.

But I thought the stats were interesting none the less. They have us over all but we actually compete pretty well for being a less-than-stellar stretch for us. Especially against Texas.

Last 10 Seasons ................................. Mizzou .....Nebraska........Texas

Football team threatens to go on strike.....1 ................0..................0

• Fire 3

What recruits did we take from their state? The only one just decomitted.

Oh, you know Goodrich this year and McQuitty, from Columbia, last year. Wilson & Bryant the previous years.

It isn't just a one-year thing, there has been frustration of the Mizzou fan base for a couple years now.

With regards to this year, they get pissed any time the "Missouri 10" as they like to call them have the Huskers in their top 3/5/10 and Mizzou doesn't make the cut.

+ Davs twins the year before.

Without looking, who is Missouri's head coach?

I honestly have no clue and I follow CFB pretty closely.

Nobody ever talks about Mizzou. It's astounding, actually, given their new SEC home.

I have no idea...usually I can get pretty close with most Power 5 schools...but I couldn't tell you a single thing about mizzery...

Nobody ever talks about Mizzou. It's astounding, actually, given their new SEC home.

I have no idea...usually I can get pretty close with most Power 5 schools...but I couldn't tell you a single thing about mizzery...

Right? It's Barry Odom by the way.

• Fire 1

Who?

Who?

barryodomDC.jpg

You mean to tell me you don't recognize this coaching icon?

So actually googled him to learn that he basically has spent his playing and coaching career at mizzou. Maybe he can continue the Pinkle factor he was groomed under.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Seriously not sure.
Although Gary Pinkle was an excellent recruiter and from what I know a scheme guy who built a great program. However, he was one of the worst game day managers in personnel and decision making. He would blow an easy decision most coaches would have a reflex for once a game and often create a bad situation for an entire game due to the one call depending on when it came. Going for two too early (chasing points), ill advised 4th down play calling, needlessly rotating quarterbacks.