Kris Kobach and Crosscheck: the war on a fair democracy

Ok....before I get all worked up about that, I would need more info.

In the article they give two reasons.

1) worried about trump commission.

2) didn't realize their personal information was public.

Only one of those has to go with the commission. It seems to me that what the commission did was make people realize their information was public.

Then....why do people care about that?

• 3 weeks later...

Democratic senators are raising questions about a July 13 disclosure from the US presidential commission investigating voter fraud that included more than 100 pages of unredacted comments from the public, including sensitive personal information like names and addresses.

On Monday, Sens. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), and Ron Wyden (D-OR) will send a letter to President Donald Trump asking why the commission publicized so much private information, much of it from citizens critical of the new commission.

• Fire 3

• 2 weeks later...

And frankly, GOP-dominated areas don't need early voting nearly as much.

Which is more complicated:

Getting 10,000 people to a voting booth in a 12 hour period

Getting 100,000 people to a voting booth in a 12 hour period

Which scenario is more likely to happen in a GOP-dominated area?

Sounds like There is a lawsuit pertaining to this rigged policy. I hope they are successful in overturning it.

As much as some people like to roll their eyes at having to resort to lawsuits to solve problems, they are there for a reason. Checks and balances against a rigged legislature. Giving a voice to those that can't afford to amplify it (richer districts were funding more early voting places)

Also the media doing their investigation and story is acting as another advocate here. I consider the free press as a fourth check and balance in America against corruption. That's why Trump's war on it is so dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...