Let the kool aid flow

Holy cow there's alot of, um, misinformation in this thread....

:blink:

where?

Like, half the stuff about Tanner Lee. The hype is a little out of hand. I mean, the Manning camp stuff is cool, but the guy who won it last year (John O'Korn) is 3rd string this year. And the "scout" wasn't a pro scout. He was a senior bowl guy.

I think people need to pump the breaks a tad. If he ends up as good as Zac Taylor, we would be set up well for the next 2 years.

• Fire 1

Holy cow there's alot of, um, misinformation in this thread....

:blink:

where?

Like, half the stuff about Tanner Lee. The hype is a little ridiculous.

If he ends up as good as Zac Taylor, we would be set up well for the next 2 years.

So a pro scout says he looked better than the best in the country and that is misinformation? Archie Manning is just spewing hype? This guy is better than Zac Taylor on arm talent alone

It's also important to note the title of this thread.

Patrick Woo isn't a scout affiliated with an NFL team. He's a senior bowl employee.

And yes, the stuff by Archie is cool, but you have to take the offseason hype with a grain of salt. John O'Korn (michigan) "won" it last year, and he's riding the bench. We've been doing this with whoever the new QB is for a long time, and if he doesn't light the world on fire, we tear him to shreds.

Like I said, if he's as good as Taylor, we'd do well.

Patrick Woo isn't a scout affiliated with an NFL team. He's a senior bowl employee.

And yes, the stuff by Archie is cool, but you have to take the offseason hype with a grain of salt. John O'Korn (michigan) "won" it last year, and he's riding the bench. We've been doing this with whoever the new QB is for a long time, and if he doesn't light the world on fire, we tear him to shreds.

Like I said, if he's as good as Taylor, we'd do well.

So he scouts football players for a living. I think he probably has at least an idea of what he is talking about. This is also the koolaid thread. And he has better arm talent than Taylor plain and simple.

You are right in we shouldn't let the hype get to us to the point it let's us down in the fall. A Zac Taylor season would be great but I do think the ceiling for Lee is higher. He may not reach that ceiling, he may not do well at all. But as the title of this thread states, we are letting the koolaid flow

• Fire 1

I will take it...if Riley now has, what is considered to be the best Pro-Style QB in college well...it sure means there are very few excuses left.

Oh there will be excuses, you can count on that!

Yeah, sadly that is true but if Riley has this supposed top pick QB and can't win...well that is scary.

• Fire 2

As a big Riley believer, 8 or 9 wins is not progress in my view and will have me double taking. 10 wins or better is progress and I think we can get there. The best scenario would be to break the 4 loss streak.

See, that's something I can get behind. We've fallen so far that some people view 8-4 as exceeding expectations, and a good thing.

Tha just makes me sad.

• Fire 1

As a big Riley believer, 8 or 9 wins is not progress in my view and will have me double taking. 10 wins or better is progress and I think we can get there. The best scenario would be to break the 4 loss streak.

See, that's something I can get behind. We've fallen so far that some people view 8-4 as exceeding expectations, and a good thing.

That's just sad.

Yep, Riley lowered the bar in year 1, even though a monkey could win 9 games a year at Nebraska.

• Fire 2

That's just sad.

Yep, Riley lowered the bar in year 1, even though a monkey could win 9 games a year at Nebraska.

Nah, I don't blame it all on him. There was always going to be some sort of reset no matter who took over. But the reality is, our 2015 and 2016 teams were nearly identical, save a few turnovers. Year 3 is when he has his guys, and I expect them to take a jump, if it's going to happen.