Let the kool aid flow

As a big Riley believer, 8 or 9 wins is not progress in my view and will have me double taking. 10 wins or better is progress and I think we can get there. The best scenario would be to break the 4 loss streak.

See, that's something I can get behind. We've fallen so far that some people view 8-4 as exceeding expectations, and a good thing.

That's just sad.

Yep, Riley lowered the bar in year 1, even though a monkey could win 9 games a year at Nebraska.

Nah, I don't blame it all on him. There was always going to be some sort of reset no matter who took over. But the reality is, our 2015 and 2016 teams were nearly identical, save a few turnovers. Year 3 is when he has his guys, and I expect them to take a jump, if it's going to happen.
This is where I'm at as well. I think Riley himself understands this is an important season for him. I think he has the tools for success this year and if we don't see it to an extent this year we likely won't see it. Indy or bust.

As a big Riley believer, 8 or 9 wins is not progress in my view and will have me double taking. 10 wins or better is progress and I think we can get there. The best scenario would be to break the 4 loss streak.

See, that's something I can get behind. We've fallen so far that some people view 8-4 as exceeding expectations, and a good thing.

That's just sad.

Yep, Riley lowered the bar in year 1, even though a monkey could win 9 games a year at Nebraska.

The Bo haters wish they could take that one back!

• Fire 2

You say this, despite Vegas and many top sports writers saying we'll be lucky to get 7.5 wins. What is it that you know that we don't? Seriously. I'd love 10 wins, but even minimally exceeding the professional opinions would be a good year in my book.

• Fire 1

You say this, despite Vegas and many top sports writers saying we'll be lucky to get 7.5 wins. What is it that you know that we don't? Seriously. I'd love 10 wins, but even minimally exceeding the professional opinions would be a good year in my book.
Well Vegas has us winning 8 considering where the juice is. Is minimally exceeding those expectations 9 wins? Is 10 really that far from 8? Isn't the title of this thread let the koolaid flow or am I wrong?

If Vegas has us at 8 wins, I think if Lee is as good as advertised he could elevate this squad a win or 2.

Also last year the experts/Vegas were terribly wrong about Wisconsin and PSU. It can happen.

Riley seems to be getting the kid-glove treatment that Tim Miles was getting but at least Tim went to the dance. Most of the fan base has soured on Tim...seems like Riley is still loved by 90% of the fan base.

I am indifferent, I don't care who the coach is, I just care that they win. I also don't care about the old "as long as the games are competive and the coach is a good guy I am happy" line of thinking.

Win games, it is an easy way to judge a coach. Riley needs to win and it seems like he is taking all the steps to do that. Hired really great recruiters and coaches, now he needs to do one last thing, win.

• Fire 1

This is my kind of thread! I'm forever an optimist when it comes to this team. What an adventure we will have this year! Everything looks so good! Will it play out? Will we have an 11-0 season (This is the Kool-aid thread so why not!) THAT is what is exciting-the unknown. So we will all need to tune in this fall, as we all will as we are RABID husker fans who love football and love our Huskers! FLOW KOOL AID FLOW! :P

I think it's funny that us hardcore analysts sit here day after day working over every potential flaw, then 90,000 people show up at the stadium and cheer for the team they put on the field not knowing anything about this.

I'm looking forward to a very good year, offensively and defensively.

Nebraska fans know more about the Xs and Os and the strategy than most I would be willing to bet. Not sure if there would be a way to actually test this with some kind of study or survey but it would be interesting no doubt.

Now, not all 90,000 are 'experts' like almost all of those who comment on this board (LOL), but most who've been fans for 20 plus years or more should. Many Husker fans cheer for the team because they love the Huskers (win or lose) and it surely helps that they have won a lot more than they have lost for nearly everybody living today. As the saying goes "past performance is no guarantee of future success" but then again, it is a fairly reliable predicter. Many Husker fans love the game itself - it is, in my opinion which you all know I value quite highly - easily the best sport of them all. No other major sport / game involves so many aspects of the virtues of games and sports such as strategy, teamwork, physical and mental toughness and athleticism, etc etc.

I have confidence in our team every year that they will come out and entertain us with effort and the right spirit and play the game the way it is intended to be played - with heart, desire, competitiveness, determination and within the letter and spirit of the rules. Good sportsmanship is a hall mark (maybe the foremost hallmark) of Husker football. This is probably why the stadium fills for spring games and is filled every fall. We all want to win and care very much if we don't BUT so long as the game is played fair and square, Nebraska fans in general just appreciate the game well played. We cheer loudly and support our team with great pride and furvor because the team represents us all with the 'right stuff'. Honor and dignity and Nebraska values are at the heart of 'bleeding Big Red' and hopefully always will be. I believe Mike Riley took this job because he loves the game and loves coaching and wants dearly to win a championship 'the right way'.

Its "More than winning!" as Osborne so aptly wrote and in this way Riley reminds me of Tom a great deal. I think Riley will be fondly remembered some day as one of Nebraska's fine coaches and Husker fans will be proud to say he is our coach sooner than many people think. I am optimistic for this year and for the foreseeable future because of the millions of Nebraska football fans out there who really do understand the game and all its virtues.

• Fire 1