Ten Commandments Monuments

A man who drove into the Ten Commandments monument at the Arkansas State Capitol grounds has allegedly done the same thing in a neighboring state ..... Oklahoma.

LINK

He said "separation of church and state in the United States". However, he was a nutty mind. Anyway, agreed or not?

I noticed Yahoo video. Michael Reed was wearing Huskers hat :o

• Fire 1

What the guy did was criminal. But why do states allow Ten Commandments monuments to be built on state land in the first place? Granted, I realize that it was funded through private donations. But these things generally just cause a big problems. It would be better to just not allow them to be built in the first place. The organization could just buy a lot across the street and build all they want to.

What the guy did was criminal. But why do states allow Ten Commandments monuments to be built on state land in the first place? Granted, I realize that it was funded through private donations. But these things generally just cause a big problems. It would be better to just not allow them to be built in the first place. The organization could just buy a lot across the street and build all they want to.

Because Christianity is under attack, don't ya know?

Because Christianity is under attack, don't ya know?

While that may be true, that's a whole different issue.

Yep. How about non-christian feelings? Oh make sense after all, bible thumping ...... Arky and Okie are the heart of bible belt

1acd108cd8b4cf73b5fe17a5300e328d.jpgThor-Gunderson.jpg

@NUance, I don't know. That's a good question. Presumably these were built either long ago or in heavily uniform parts of the country, where it might not occur to people that this is not just a country of Christians (plus their graciously welcomed guests).

As a Christian, I realize we live in a multi cultural nation with different values, religions (including non-religious). The goal of the govt should not promote one over the other and neither should it prohibit the expression and practice of the same.

Living in Okla, the 10 Commandment monument here was knocked over, rebuilt and then later removed by order of the state SC. A former doctor of mine, who is now a state senator, was the force behind having the monument installed in the

first place. So then we end up with debates - what other monuments should be allowed - One for the Satanists, one for Islam, one for..... It is best just to recognize the obvious that we are a multi cultural country and not promote one over the other.

• Fire 4

As a Christian, I realize we live in a multi cultural nation with different values, religions (including non-religious). The goal of the govt should not promote one over the other and neither should it prohibit the expression and practice of the same.

Living in Okla, the 10 Commandment monument here was knocked over, rebuilt and then later removed by order of the state SC. A former doctor of mine, who is now a state senator, was the force behind having the monument installed in the

first place. So then we end up with debates - what other monuments should be allowed - One for the Satanists, one for Islam, one for..... It is best just to recognize the obvious that we are a multi cultural country and not promote one over the other.

Agree....and wish more Christians would understand that.

• Fire 1