Nebraska Games without cable?

For all those who don't want to pay for cable:  one person should sign up for dish network, get multiple boxes then give them to the other guys who don't want to pay full cost.  Then those guys can just go down to the swap meet and buy a dish.  Then you can split the bill x amount of ways depending on how many boxes you have.  Will be very cheap and you can have all the sports you want 

6 hours ago, broganreynik said:

I'm starting to worry a bit heading into the season. Streaming worked just fine on my Roku last year for my wife. But we got an Apple TV in the off-season.

Netflix, Comedy Central, Hulu, HBO, Showtime, everything works fine. Hell, I stream 4K on my TV and UHD Blu-ray player on Amazon, Netflix, and YouTube all the time with ease.

When it comes to sports... well, that's another bag.

Watching the OSU/Indiana game there was a ton of buffering and freezes. Oddly enough, watching the annoying home crowd feed on ESPNU worked swellingly.

Watching the Browns on NFL GamePass looked like I was driving on a motorcycle down I-80 in the dead of summer.

Watcing the Gophers was a lot better quality, but still way too many freezes and buffers. FS1 worked fine though on the app.

If this craps out on me on Saturday... oooh boy.

Your internet connection plays a huge factor in all streams (obviously), The only thing that worries me about YouTube TV is it's using WiFi and I can't leverage a Wired connection. If I have issues with YouTube TV I will give PS Vue a shot with a wired Roku or something. I have 200 Mbps internet so WiFi may never be an issue but I would think the wired connection would be more reliable, less buffering due to connectivity interference.

side note: Watched MN and OSU games streaming last night, worked great no issue.

I just moved back to the Big O from Phoenix.  Had an absolute blast watching at Moon Valley Bar and Grill down there.  Wondering if there are official watch sites in Omaha?  I'll likely end up at Buffalo Wings and Rings unless someone else gives me a good suggestion.  Watch sites...where you can watch the game with 100 of your best friends that you've never met before!

3 hours ago, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

Your internet connection plays a huge factor in all streams (obviously), The only thing that worries me about YouTube TV is it's using WiFi and I can't leverage a Wired connection. If I have issues with YouTube TV I will give PS Vue a shot with a wired Roku or something. I have 200 Mbps internet so WiFi may never be an issue but I would think the wired connection would be more reliable, less buffering due to connectivity interference.

side note: Watched MN and OSU games streaming last night, worked great no issue.

FYI, YouTube on my Roku 3 has the best quality of any of the stuff I watch over wifi. There's also a "stats for nerds" somewhere that will show you technical info on the stream you're watching which help you troubleshoot if you're having problems.

34 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

FYI, YouTube on my Roku 3 has the best quality of any of the stuff I watch over wifi. There's also a "stats for nerds" somewhere that will show you technical info on the stream you're watching which help you troubleshoot if you're having problems.

YoutubeTV only supports Chromecast and Airplay thus far. Hopefully in the future they add more streaming media boxes so I can test a wired connection. I did find the stats feature last night. It shows bandwidth stats and dropped frames which could be useful at some point.

10 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

If you can't wire your house, pick up a few power line Network devices.  This allows you to have Network traffic run in your electrical circuits and is much faster and reliable than wireless.

Just take a look at powerline networking category at Newegg.com

I have CAT6 Ethernet ports at each TV it's just can't use them for YouTube TV since you use the phone app and cast to Chromecast which uses Wifi to connect to your phone. With a service like PS Vue I could plug a Roku for example into the CAT6. I am hoping YouTube TV gets there eventually. Wifi seems to work for now. Although it looks like Google makes an Ethernet adapter for the Chromecast. May give that a shot if I have issues.

11 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

If you can't wire your house, pick up a few power line Network devices.  This allows you to have Network traffic run in your electrical circuits and is much faster and reliable than wireless.

Just take a look at powerline networking category at Newegg.com

Not sure if the powerline stuff has improved greatly, but we installed it at an agency office several years ago and it was very, very unreliable.  Everyone there knew how to "reconnect" the devices because they were always losing connection.

20 hours ago, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

Yeah, that's why I mentioned streaming 4K. It's obviously a bottle-up on the app. Although ESPN streamed perfectly tonight.

fingers crossed!

10 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

Not sure if the powerline stuff has improved greatly, but we installed it at an agency office several years ago and it was very, very unreliable.  Everyone there knew how to "reconnect" the devices because they were always losing connection.

Yes, and wifi has gotten TONS better the last few years. If you're having wifi issues and your router is more than 3 years ago, try getting a new one. I got a new wifi router last summer to replace a 5 yo one, and both the bandwidth and reliability were greatly improved.

Also, I can confirm that live football games on ABC are shown live on Vue. Most of the time we only get VOD for ABC, but some events are live (shows up as channel "Denver 7" where I live).