Nebraska Games without cable?

Also am interested in streaming things. Anyone know how Apple TV or Amazon Fire Tv is?

I have AppleTV and Playstation VUE. I watch every thing I want to between the apps and PSVUE. It is a great setup and saves me over $120/month. I also have two Roku's. I like those, but the interface is nowhere near as user friendly or intuitive as AppleTV.

Vue has a terrible interface on the Roku, but the rest of the services (e.g. Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, etc.) are good. I don't know why Vue hasn't improved their interface, but it is annoying on the Roku right now.

Agree. We have all ROKU, and I like it (especially the stick), but the VUE interface was not good. I'd like to try HULU Live this year, but it is still not available on ROKU....yet.

So is vue just terrible on the ROKU? I'm thinking about Apple TV and Rue which looks best for my sports needs and a couple other channels for around 55 bucks a month.

Also am interested in streaming things. Anyone know how Apple TV or Amazon Fire Tv is?

I have AppleTV and Playstation VUE. I watch every thing I want to between the apps and PSVUE. It is a great setup and saves me over $120/month. I also have two Roku's. I like those, but the interface is nowhere near as user friendly or intuitive as AppleTV.

Vue has a terrible interface on the Roku, but the rest of the services (e.g. Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, etc.) are good. I don't know why Vue hasn't improved their interface, but it is annoying on the Roku right now.

Agree. We have all ROKU, and I like it (especially the stick), but the VUE interface was not good. I'd like to try HULU Live this year, but it is still not available on ROKU....yet.

So is vue just terrible on the ROKU? I'm thinking about Apple TV and Rue which looks best for my sports needs and a couple other channels for around 55 bucks a month.

I have Vue on Roku for $30/month ($35 to include BTN). Does Apple TV cost money?

I have Vue on Roku for $30/month ($35 to include BTN). Does Apple TV cost money?

Huskers 44, it is only terrible on the ROKU. AppleTV is awesome. This best interface is on your PS4, but that is what I use in the basement. I love my AppleTV. The only cost is purchase which is higher than a Roku, but it is worth it with the awesome mirroring capabilities. My school stuff is all apple so I have a Mac, iPad, and iPhone I can mirror with.

Huskers 44, it is only terrible on the ROKU. AppleTV is awesome. This best interface is on your PS4, but that is what I use in the basement. I love my AppleTV. The only cost is purchase which is higher than a Roku, but it is worth it with the awesome mirroring capabilities. My school stuff is all apple so I have a Mac, iPad, and iPhone I can mirror with.
Yeah I would understand that with PlayStation with vue but I'm a Xbox guy so I don't really want to buy one and have iPhone, iPad, and a mac. I guess the only other question with the Apple TV is 32 or 64 GB if I have Vue on there? Maybe 64, for movies downloaded from the iTunes Store?

Yeah I would understand that with PlayStation with vue but I'm a Xbox guy so I don't really want to buy one and have iPhone, iPad, and a mac. I guess the only other question with the Apple TV is 32 or 64 GB if I have Vue on there? Maybe 64, for movies downloaded from the iTunes Store?

That depends on what you are going to download. You won't download your movies from the iTunes Store, you will use the Cloud to stream them. It works flawlessly. My kids have like 30 Disney Movies on iTunes, and we've never downloaded a thing on the AppleTV. Really all you need that space for is for extra apps you would download from the AppStore and any storage that comes with them.

Mirroring is great! I am able to watch film on my big screen instead of my iPad now! Was hoping Xbox wouldn't kid allow the hudl app to work, but now that is no longer an issue with Apple TV!

• 5 weeks later...

I just want to say thank you to all that posted in this thread and Huskerboard in general.  Thanks to the suggestions here I finally cut the cable TV cord and am now enjoying my Hulu Live via a 2nd gen Amazon Fire Stick.  Cut a lot of money off my total cable bill.  

Thanks for the awesome suggestions you guys.  You all rock.  :thumbs

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, HuskerMan said:

I still really want to cut cable and go one of these routes.  Just getting cold feet because the season is about to start and I can only get satellite internet in my location.  

You could try out some of the services on their free trial periods to see how they work. During the season might be a good time to see how it works on Husker games.

On 7/26/2017 at 5:28 PM, SECHusker said:

I have PlayStation Vue and use an antenna for ABC. I get BTN, ESPN, ESPN2, and Fox for when we have PAC 12 games. I pay $35 a month but I think it is going up to $45 soon. Service is reliable and they have DVR.

I have Vue as well.  I really enjoy it with all the major game carriers.  

Vue is good.  They broadcast in 720p.  There's sometimes buffering issues but it's not bad if you have higher than basic internet.  If you live in Omaha, the tower farm for all the stations is at 72nd and Crown point, so a $12 hdtv antennae from amazon will do you for ABC.  

2 hours ago, Elaida said:

Vue is good.  They broadcast in 720p.  There's sometimes buffering issues but it's not bad if you have higher than basic internet.  If you live in Omaha, the tower farm for all the stations is at 72nd and Crown point, so a $12 hdtv antennae from amazon will do you for ABC.  

FYI, any TV antenna will work, calling it an "hd antenna" is marketing.

• Plus1 1

I was getting the old Slim channel lineup for $30/month, but I had to upgrade to the next higher tier at $45/month to get BTN. And the new Slim lineup is $40/month, so that's a bummer, but I chose to watch the Huskers rather than save the extra few bucks. At the end of the season I'm going to re-evaluate the services and may drop down to just Netflix and only get a TV service during the football season.