Fox Sports 1 ad features a heavy dose of Nebraska

knapplc

2 minutes ago, saunders45 said:

1. How many other trophies was Fleck asked about?

2. Ok? How close do they actually cover the Gophers vs Pro sports.

3. Eh? : http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?64478-Would-you-like-to-see-the-5-Bits-of-Broken-Chair-Trophy-become-official

4. Anecdote

The other trophies have been brought up in interviews.

They cover the Gophers quite well.  

That's a link to a question from 2 years ago that 92 people voted in favor of the trophy.  Not really a "majority" of fans

So what?  you can link Reddit and it's fine.  I can say I actually know AD people and it's an anecdote

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Show me a poll not from 3 years ago

It was made by a guy in a mascot suit.  It wasn't "made by Minnesota"

Those are very solid reasons to not play for that stupid thing.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

The other trophies have been brought up in interviews.

They cover the Gophers quite well.  

That's a link to a question from 2 years ago that 92 people voted in favor of the trophy.  Not really a "majority" of fans

So what?  you can link Reddit and it's fine.  I can say I actually know AD people and it's an anecdote

You said only husker fans cared, I posted the reddit links to show otherwise. There's been two polls posted from two of the most popular Gopher fan sites, with overwhelming support for the trophy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Show me a poll not from 3 years ago

It was made by a guy in a mascot suit.  It wasn't "made by Minnesota"

Those are very solid reasons to not play for that stupid thing.

1. There isn't one. Maybe you can get your Gopher people to do one.

2.  The Mascot and twitter account for the university of Minnesota is on sole control of one guy? Ok....

3. That's just like your opinion, man.

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

From when Bo Pelini was still coach.  Hmmm.

Data is data. 

• Plus1 2

The point is that i want Nebraska to play for trophies.  And I don't want them to be corporate.  That doesn't mean we have to settle for stupidity just because other schools play for stupid things.

2 minutes ago, saunders45 said:

1. There isn't one. Maybe you can get your Gopher people to do one.

2.  The Mascot and twitter account for the university of Minnesota is on sole control of one guy? Ok....

3. That's just like your opinion, man.

Data is data.

Well if there isn't one, stop quoting outdated "data"

The University of Minnesota did not make the trophy.  Is that difficult for you to understand?

I would say the same thing to anyone who thinks the "trophy" is cool

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The point is that i want Nebraska to play for trophies.  And I don't want them to be corporate.  That doesn't mean we have to settle for stupidity just because other schools play for stupid things.

Well if there isn't one, stop quoting outdated "data"

The University of Minnesota did not make the trophy.  Is that difficult for you to understand?

I would say the same thing to anyone who thinks the "trophy" is cool

1. Unless  you have a more recent poll, It's the most recent data, so it's not outdated. This is some #FakeNews type of discrediting.

2. Did the "University" create it? No. But it wasn't some lone guy either.

3. Ok.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think this is very reasonable.  Honestly, I don't even care if we play conference games for trophies. They're fun but they're not my thing. If we're going to have them, let's make them organic and fan-created, not some corporate monstrosity.

I can understand why people wouldn't like this particular trophy. For all my advocating of it, I'm not that sold on this particular thing.  It's OK and whimsical, but if we came up with something better I'd get behind it more. The Chair, while fun, looks stupid in a trophy case.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I think this is very reasonable.  Honestly, I don't even care if we play conference games for trophies. They're fun but they're not my thing. If we're going to have them, let's make them organic and fan-created, not some corporate monstrosity.

I can understand why people wouldn't like this particular trophy. For all my advocating of it, I'm not that sold on this particular thing.  It's OK and whimsical, but if we came up with something better I'd get behind it more. The Chair, while fun, looks stupid in a trophy case.

Pretty much where I'm at.

The problem is, almost all of these trophies that have been around for a while....have been around for a long time and were put in place long before corporate and marketing interests got involved.  It was probably even something between the actual teams that then the fans latched onto too.  

Anymore, there is just way too much corporate and marketing involvement to make any of these anything I'm going to care about.