Board Announcements

zoogs

Just now, knapplc said:

We need to either put a character limit on someone's "Interests" or take that info off the info attached to their posts, because Hooked on Huskers' is WAY too long.

vHxuBtX.png

This is one of the funniest things I've seen.

I'm down for changing +1 to Like. As I read it Mavric was just deciding which one of those two to keep. I kinda like seeing who liked your stuff more. If that can happen either way...I do like some of the extra reactions though.

Yeah, there's a lot that's different about this look/feel. Part of it is that the Invision software has moved a long way (for better or for worse) since the 3.x.x days. Web technology as a whole has evolved greatly. IPB3 came out in 2009. We've put off the IPS4 upgrade for two offseasons, but for so many reasons -- security support being chief among them -- one cannot resist the tide forever.

Probably the thing I like the least so far is how the content doesn't take up more of the width of my browser. Just wasted screen real estate.

But that's interesting - so the options are either to see who liked your post, or to see the number of +1's? Kind of a goofy this or that scenario.

Just now, knapplc said:

Thanks, Mav.

Is this the final iteration of this post box?  We used to be able to switch from formatted text to plain text, but now it only gives you the option to view the source code.  That sucks, and is far less user-friendly. 

I noticed that as well.  I haven't seen anything to add that so far.  But I used that a lot on the previous version.

That's a crucial need, so if that can come back, I'd really like it.

Oddly, the ability to change this box to plain text and to expand the text box to any size was one of the key reasons I joined HuskerBoard and stayed those first couple of years. I'd find a recipe I liked online, usually at FoodNetwork.com, and copypasta it into a text box to delete all the formatting (I know it's a silly method).

I poked around a bit and didn't find anything in the ACP. I was hoping there was something that could just toggle from rich text to BBcode and vice versa. There must be something...although I may settle for the editor not being the broken down POS it used to be.

There also used to be Ctrl+Shift+V to paste as plain text with the formatting stripped out. Is that still around? I can't figure out how to do anything anymore, and part of that is I'm now on a Mac and getting used to these newfangled shortcut operations.

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

If you highlight a portion of text from someone's post, a little popup allows you to quote just the text you highlighted.  Cool.

Some of the controls in the posting window are gone, like the ability to add spoiler tags.  Will that be coming back?

There is now an "eye" icon on the toolbar - just right of center - that allows you to create a spoiler.

Spoiler

It works pretty slick.

• Plus1 1