2017 Season Prediction Thread

Mavric

Husker 2017 Record  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Huskers 2017 regular season record be?

2. 2. Which games with the Huskers win?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 9/3/2017 at 3:19 PM, Mavric said:

Forgot to tally this up and lock the poll before yesterday so this will have to do.

8-4 is the leading vote-getter (30.8%) followed by 9-3 (25.6%).  Only about 15% went with worse than 8-4.

Basically unanimous wins: Arkansas State, Northern Illinois, Rutgers, Illinois, Prudue

Vast majority (>75%) wins: Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa

Coin Flips: Oregon, Wisconsin

Expected losses: Ohio State, Penn State

So if we can get the vast-majority wins and better, that's 8.  After that .... we'll see.

2-1 in the basically unanimous games

0-1 in the coin flips

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/3/2017 at 3:19 PM, Mavric said:

Forgot to tally this up and lock the poll before yesterday so this will have to do.

8-4 is the leading vote-getter (30.8%) followed by 9-3 (25.6%).  Only about 15% went with worse than 8-4.

Basically unanimous wins: Arkansas State, Northern Illinois, Rutgers, Illinois, Prudue

Vast majority (>75%) wins: Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa

Coin Flips: Oregon, Wisconsin

Expected losses: Ohio State, Penn State

So if we can get the vast-majority wins and better, that's 8.  After that .... we'll see.

3-1 in the basically unanimous games

0-2 in the coin flips

On 8/27/2017 at 10:17 PM, Enhance said:

Heaven forbid the season goes that poorly, I have a hard time seeing they'll lose every game to all the good teams on their schedule. They did beat MSU at home in 2015 in the midst of 5-7 season, after all.

At this point we are going to need some miracles for it to end up in the pessimistic scenario I laid out. 

f#*k Eichorst and Mike Riley and what they have done to this program. 

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Branno said:

At this point we are going to need some miracles for it to end up in the pessimistic scenario I laid out. 

f#*k Eichorst and Mike Riley and what they have done to this program. 

Biggest problem as I see it:

We repeated a critical mistake several times that was well within our own power to not make.  

Pearlman put basically no effort into hiring a new AD and threw a bunch of money at a guy who had little experience and probably wasn't in any danger of being hired by someone else.

Eichorst put basically no effort into hiring a new head football coach and hired a guy with less-than-stellar results who definitely wasn't in any danger of being hired by someone else.

Riley put very little effort into hiring several of his assistants, instead largely choosing to hire guys who he'd worked with for years who had contributed to the less-than-stellar results and weren't really in any danger of being hired by someone else.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We repeated a critical mistake several times that was well within our own power to not make.  

Pearlman put basically no effort into hiring a new AD and threw a bunch of money at a guy who had little experience and probably wasn't in any danger of being hired by someone else.

Eichorst put basically no effort into hiring a new head football coach and hired a guy with less-than-stellar results who definitely wasn't in any danger of being hired by someone else.

Riley put very little effort into hiring several of his assistants, instead largely choosing to hire guys who he'd worked with for years who had contributed to the less-than-stellar results and weren't really in any danger of being hired by someone else.

I've listened to so many podcasts the last few weeks, and I can't remember who said it (might have been Bruce Feldman). Bascially, the story was that Eichorst went for Riley because he was tired of butting heads with Bo, and he thought that Riley could waltz in and win 9 games (because it's easy in the BigW, remember?), and would never argue with Shawn.

4 hours ago, saunders45 said:

I've listened to so many podcasts the last few weeks, and I can't remember who said it (might have been Bruce Feldman). Bascially, the story was that Eichorst went for Riley because he was tired of butting heads with Bo, and he thought that Riley could waltz in and win 9 games (because it's easy in the BigW, remember?), and would never argue with Shawn.

Shawn should have stayed off HB. 

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

Everyone gets raises!!!!  What a mess :facepalm:  I get this feeling that some of the decisions recently coming from the B1G are somewhat punitive and our fellow B1G brethren aren't happy with some of these poor choices we've made.  A lot of people I've talked to were happy to get us into the conference because we were good at football.  Instead they are getting another Minnesota or Purdue.

4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Everyone gets raises!!!!  What a mess :facepalm:  I get this feeling that some of the decisions recently coming from the B1G are somewhat punitive and our fellow B1G brethren aren't happy with some of these poor choices we've made.  A lot of people I've talked to were happy to get us into the conference because we were good at football.  Instead they are getting another Minnesota or Purdue.

Man, how insulting to Minnesota and Purdue.  ;) 

5 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Perhaps but imagine how difficult it is for me to explain how we are a volleyball school now.

Wait?  What?  We are?   Sheesh, next thing you'll be telling me is that NU is a lacrosse school.   :bigredn:

(yeah, I know about women's v-ball success)