Game Week

Well, with less than one week to go until gametime, how are the Huskers feeling?

I can say that there is some optimism but there is a lot of feelings that we will do like we have done the last few years in non-conference and play poorly early, then play well in the conference slate. There are too many instances of us having some optimistic outlooks and they come crashing down around us. We've often talked about being the Boise of the South, or the NIU of the Sun Belt. We can't seem to make that next step, and every time the schedule seems to line up, the teams on the schedule either have a great year or we have deficiencies that they exploit (speed, size, depth).

I'd love to say I feel confident, but unless we can make Tanner Lee's first start in Big Red miserable, we as a fan base might experience some misery. 

Hopefully the Huskers win every game but this one, but I figure they'll win this one (barring a miracle).

Another fun fact, Ameer Abdullah had 170+ yards in his first start against AState in 2012. Zac Lee had 340 yards passing in 2009. With a new starting RB and new starting QB, who will the breakout star be?

• Plus1 1

Thank goodness the Huskers are better prepared than I. Honestly, this has kind of snuck up on me. I'm not ready for it to be Fall, or for college football to start (for us) in less than a week. Seems like it should be middle July right now, not the end of August.

I gotta get my parking figured out. And food for the tailgate. And my outbound route from the stadium. And I gotta get my Bloody Mary ingredients stocked up. 

Sheesh.

EDIT - here's the last meeting between Arkansas State and Nebraska.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, 1995 Redux said:

I kinda expect a slow paced, conservative game where we barely cover the spread.  Think they save a lot for week 2.

I agree. I think they're going to try to do everything they can to have all the tricks in the bag for Oregon. I expect this to be another try out for RB. If there's any plays they're still trying to nail the timing on, I'm sure they'll run it over and over as well. 

I don't think there's anything fancy in store, but hopefully they don't get complacent. I somewhat wonder if they'll use too much of the 3-4. 

14 hours ago, knapplc said:

Thank goodness the Huskers are better prepared than I. Honestly, this has kind of snuck up on me. I'm not ready for it to be Fall, or for college football to start (for us) in less than a week. Seems like it should be middle July right now, not the end of August.

I gotta get my parking figured out. And food for the tailgate. And my outbound route from the stadium. And I gotta get my Bloody Mary ingredients stocked up. 

Sheesh.

EDIT - here's the last meeting between Arkansas State and Nebraska.

That was my first game back since moving to Florida, and my wife's first game ever in Lincoln!

ssRzml1.jpg