What Did You Expect?

BIG ERN

3 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I'm very confused, I'm guessing you mean Fleck is going to win at Minnesota and that Kill wants to HC again?  He just had another seizure on Saturday.  I don't think he will ever be a Head Coach again.

Sorry...I was reading a Kill article...I meant Fleck will KILL it at Minny and look at those 4 other jobs.  Mizzo as well, maybe.  But he is not leaving "area"

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sorry...I was reading a Kill article...I meant Fleck will KILL it at Minny and look at those 4 other jobs.  Mizzo as well, maybe.  But he is not leaving "area"

Oh, that makes WAY more sense. lol

I want Scott Frost.  Call me a homer, I don't give a damn.  Bring him in and lets build this long term and right.  Fleck's schtick will get old and he will move on.  I think Frost would be here for 20 years.

Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

I want Scott Frost.  Call me a homer, I don't give a damn.  Bring him in and lets build this long term and right.  Fleck's schtick will get old and he will move on.  I think Frost would be here for 20 years.

Yeah, sorry, I am a moron! HA

I want Frost too.  I just think that Frost might love being Frost and not being in the fishbowl

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I want Frost too.  I just think that Frost might love being Frost and not being in the fishbowl

Maybe, but here is to hoping Riley rights the ship this season, absolutely dominates recruiting, wins big (B1G champs) next season and after 2018 steps down and Frost steps in and we are rolling again.

Hey, a guy can dream.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I thought 8-4 with losses to Oregon, Ohio St, Penn St and one somewhere else such as WI, IA or NW. I didn't think we would go 5-7 by any means, but thought there were way too many high expectations heading into this season. I'm not even saying it should be the expectation, but this is where our program is at currently. 

First, you are one of the guys I've always enjoyed your views on ... +1 and kudos.  Appreciate you.

I have had 7-5 as my number, I add to your losses to Oregon, Ohio St. and Penn St ... I add WI as a for sure loss.  I just really like Wisky, they remind me of my favorite team I've loved over the years.  When I look at all the other games ... it just seems so easy to see IL, Purdue, Iowa or Minny nipping us.  That's the way I felt before the season.  After the first two games I'm even more convinced.  I won't be rooting for it ... and won't be cocky if it happens.  As you said, "I'm not even saying it should be the expectation, but this is where our program is at currently."

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, saunders45 said:

To be better than this:

I expected the D to struggle especially early this season given a new coordinator and a new scheme.  However, I didn't expect it to be quite this bad.  I really believe it will be next year before we actually see what this defense is capable of doing.  Let's hope the light went on for most during halftime of the Oregon game. 

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

Can you blame him?  I think it all worked out pretty well for him.  Had it not been for his time playing defense at Stanford, it's likely he never plays a down in the NFL.  I can definitely live with Frost being offered the job as long as he's given a 10 year contract.  This coaching carousel we've been on for what seems like forever really does need to stop.  Ever since we fired Solich, we have yet to replace him with a coach who has even duplicated his success.  One could argue that we just haven't hired the right coaches, but one could also argue that we haven't given the coaches hired since enough time.  I think Frost is the eventual direction we should go, but we as a program have got to be willing to give him a lot of time and resources. 

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Call me one (homer) also.  I want someone who would have a passion for Nebraska and its culture and tradition.  I do believe the fans would have more patience wt Frost and allow him to lay out a long term plan of success.  We (ok I - I won't speak for others) saw BC as an opportunist - didn't think he would be here long.  Bo with his lack of HC experience was a short term fix who was here too long.  He came for his D expertise but in the end, the D failed us.  MR - with his age, he isn't the long term fix.  Tom was successful because he was here long term and so were his assistance.  That consistency built the program.  We desperately need that same consistency in the coaching staff.  The first 2 years of MR's tenure has been a coaching carousel.