Path to 5 wins?

So over the past two seasons, whenever I posted something on this board that was negative about MR, I have been attacked, lambasted, jeered, lampooned, etc. So, I will choose to take a more positive approach and look at what NU might accomplish this season. 

So, does this team have a path to 5 wins this year? The last time Nebraska only won 5 was when Callahan was the coach (twice, and the second of those got him fired). And the last time NU only managed 4 wins was in 1961 (of course Jennings only had 10 games to get it done, and only winning 4 did get him bounced). So with a 12 game season, NU can surely surpass the 4 win mark...right? 

So, what do you think? What is Nebraska's path to 5 wins this season? 

I think they beat Rutgers and Purdue, but with that big early-season victory over Ark State, that would only add up to 3 wins. So Riley and staff would have to grab victories over, perhaps Northwestern and Illinois, to avoid a truly pathetic show of ineptitude only equalled by the coach who basically said that football didn't matter (although, as stated above, even Jennings had a better winning percentage than Riley would this year if he can only get four marks in the win column). 

There you go...was this nice enough and positive enough for you? I would hate to get all negative about a coach and face another onslaught of attacks from MR apologists. 

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, California Husker said:

So over the past two seasons, whenever I posted something on this board that was negative about MR, I have been attacked, lambasted, jeered, lampooned, etc. So, I will choose to take a more positive approach and look at what NU might accomplish this season. 

So, does this team have a path to 5 wins this year? The last time Nebraska only won 5 was when Callahan was the coach (twice, and the second of those got him fired). And the last time NU only managed 4 wins was in 1961 (of course Jennings only had 10 games to get it done, and only winning 4 did get him bounced). So with a 12 game season, NU can surely surpass the 4 win mark...right? 

So, what do you think? What is Nebraska's path to 5 wins this season? 

I think they beat Rutgers and Purdue, but with that big early-season victory over Ark State, that would only add up to 3 wins. So Riley and staff would have to grab victories over, perhaps Northwestern and Illinois, to avoid a truly pathetic show of ineptitude only equalled by the coach who basically said that football didn't matter (although, as stated above, even Jennings had a better winning percentage than Riley would this year if he can only get four marks in the win column). 

There you go...was this nice enough and positive enough for you? I would hate to get all negative about a coach and face another onslaught of attacks from MR apologists. 

Next year will be better.  This is more of a rebuilding year (new QB & new defensive scheme)...I predict 8-9 or maybe even 10 wins next season.

47 minutes ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

Next year will be better.  This is more of a rebuilding year (new QB & new defensive scheme)...I predict 8-9 or maybe even 10 wins next season.

New QB but not a freshman QB. There is nothing that suggests NU will be better next year or any year under Riley. The ineptitude of this staff has taken P5 talent and made it look completely anemic against directional schools. 

And then there's Lee....he's living the dream and he can't be expected to bench himself, but someone needs to make that decision for him. 

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, dutch91701 said:

New QB but not a freshman QB. There is nothing that suggests NU will be better next year or any year under Riley. The ineptitude of this staff has taken P5 talent and made it look completely anemic against directional schools. 

And then there's Lee....he's living the dream and hey can't be expected to bench himself, but someone needs to make that decision for him. 

Absolutely, what is happening to NU is 100% on the coaching staff. 

• Plus1 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/16/2017 at 3:39 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'm more confident in beating Illinois than Purdue 

Nice work Nostradamous. We beat both!

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If anyone attacked you for saying Riley sucked...they are morons.

With that said I basically always assume the Husker will win 9 games no matter what...

hmm. I attacked everyone for saying Riley sucked...