Trump's Tax Plan

sho

Just now, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Hmm, am I “easily fooled” or “pathetic”?

I don't think you have ever stated who you voted for.  So, how am I supposed to know you voted for Trump?

And....I never used the word "pathetic" to describe the Trump voters.  I used it to describe the little snowflake in the Whitehouse.

Now, if you were offended that I called him that....well.....I'm sorry if I said something offensive about a man who became President by doing that exact same thing.  It sure impressed all his followers.

• Plus1 1
Just now, zoogs said:

It's meant to be a blanket statement describing the most obvious and correct way to view those who, with open eyes, are too far over the moon with Trump.

Not you? Hear that a lot. Stop me if I'm saying what you were about to -- "I don't like Trump really, but..." :lol: 

Oh I think President Trump is doing a fantastic job. I personally wanted Carly early in the race as I knew the democrats would make this race about misogyny and gender. I thought Trump to crass. I was impressed with his ability to stay on message and not be derailed as Romney and McCain were. 

1 hour ago, schriznoeder said:

In the short-term, most individuals will benefit. However, the individual provisions all expire by the end of 2025. So...

@45timesbetterthanemptysuit

This is the bit about your original statement I am most interested in. Given you critiqued BRB about a quote, I'm going to critique you a little bit here.

You claim NJ as an example of the "minority of Americans that will be adversely affected by this tax cut."

Can you back the quoted up with anything? Or explain how you arrived at that conclusion?

3 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

@45timesbetterthanemptysuit

This is the bit about your original statement I am most interested in. Given you critiqued BRB about a quote, I'm going to critique you a little bit here.

You claim NJ as an example of the "minority of Americans that will be adversely affected by this tax cut."

Can you back the quoted up with anything? Or explain how you arrived at that conclusion?

It’s not difficult. The people that will be adversely affected are the relatively wealthy and the people with exceptionally high state and local taxes. I believe that the state and local deduction is capped at 10,000. That will not adversely affect the majority of middle class Americans. It will affect people that were able to deduct their exorbitant local taxes from their Federal income. (Like Bookers New Jersey)

1 minute ago, zoogs said:

"I thought Trump to[sic] crass."

There it is! The "I actually think Trump's a bit of a dick, but..." Respectable Republican.

Thank you so much for the correction, I saw it, though about correcting it, but trusted there would be someone pedantic enough to “correct” it for me. God forbid the meaning be lost due to my sloppy spelling. 

4 minutes ago, zoogs said:

"I thought Trump to[sic] crass."

There it is! The "I actually think Trump's a bit of a dick, but..." Respectable Republican.

And let me be clear (I hope that phrase brings happy feelings) I voted for Trump with no shame, and no regrets then, or now. I don’t know how anyone could regret a vote for Trump at this point. Our country is in better shape than it has been in years. The trajectory looks even better. 

12 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Well 45 * 0 is still 0. Is that all you have? My the level of acceptable discourse is interesting!

I'm not doubting your math: 45 x 0 does in fact equal 0.  However, you just stated that "President Trump is doing a fantastic job." So I'm  little confused. How can you equate Trump into 0, but yet think he's doing a fantastic job? Maybe I'm completely misinterpreting the intent of your user name. Maybe it means something altogether different?

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

The people that will be adversely affected are the relatively wealthy and the people with exceptionally high state and local taxes.

45....I would like to get off on a better foot with you.  I would prefer good discussion which usually happens on this board.

Can you show me where the above is true in this tax bill?  Every analysis I have seen shows the percentage of after tax income increase, increases as the earrings increase.

Meaning, the more you earn, the higher the percentage of aftertax income you gain.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

45....I would like to get off on a better foot with you.  I would prefer good discussion which usually happens on this board.

Can you show me where the above is true in this tax bill?  Every analysis I have seen shows the percentage of after tax income increase, increases as the earrings increase.

Meaning, the more you earn, the higher the percentage of aftertax income you gain.

The local property tax deduction is now capped at $10,000.

5 minutes ago, zoogs said:

I appreciate your candor, and it's good to have clarity.

That post says so much about what you value and what you don't. It's interesting the things that make some people proud, and others retch. 

Yes, I value this country and it’s citizens first and foremost and have dedicated my life, to date, to the protection of both.