Trump's Tax Plan

sho

7 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

This is going to be significantly aided when Paul Ryan and his ilk come knocking for Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security next year. Or try to repeal healthcare law again.

Coupled with the general incompetence of the GOP at the moment, do you understand how easy a case that will be?

Much depends on the Medicare Medicaid outcome. Also the ability of one party to blame all the adverse affects, if any, to a disinterested public with a 5 second attention span. 

30 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I'm still waiting for him to try and explain how Abraham Lincoln permitted Confederate monuments to be built well after his death. 

I never said he allowed the monuments to be built, and I am aware of their specious history. I see how one might assume I meant he allowed/encouraged their construction. That was not my intent, rather I was thinking of his reconstruction and amnesty plans. He was much more tolerant than many in the north.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@45timesbetterthanemptysuit  question.

What would Trump have to do for you to not support him?

Not adhere to the constitution, not put our country first as generalities. Should he have significant failings and someone runs a better candidate, I would vote for them. Should he continue, he most certainly has my support and my vote going forward. 

13 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Should he have significant failings

This must not mean significant legislative failings like going an entire year with only one win and some major losses due to his incompetence.

OR...it must not have to do with major personal moral failings like Republicans have ranted about with Democrats for decades.

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This must not mean significant legislative failings like going an entire year with only one win and some major losses due to his incompetence.

OR...it must not have to do with major personal moral failings like Republicans have ranted about with Democrats for decades.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/18/trumps-first-year-is-starting-to-look-like-a-big-win/

I mean, if you just care about the nuts and bolts of conservative ideology, I could see how you would view this year as a "win." Confirmed a crapload of judges, including Gorsuch, deregulate everything you can get your hands on, pass a big tax cuts bill... sounds good, right?

If you care about the process of how governance should work... or how the U.S. is viewed by the rest of the world... or eradicating cronyism and corruption in government... or implementing an kind of accountability to the public... or getting QUALIFIED judges in seats... or working to further the interests of anyone who isn't already in your base... or, you know, protecting our elections from further foreign interference... or seeking to uphold the sacred right to vote for EVERYONE in this country...  or not spitting in the face of the Constitution and its protections, even when it's not convenient...

Trump gets a capital F. 

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 3