Trump's Tax Plan

sho

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That sucks...when does that cut start?

If the Dems don't agree to sign the "Pay as you Go Waiver" and the bill is signed by Dec 1, they will start Jan 1, 2018.  If Trump doesn't sign the bill until after January it will start the next year.

Edit: Looks like I'll be able to save up for a year

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-20/trump-is-said-to-plan-tax-signing-jan-3-due-to-technical-issue

Edited by funhusker

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A troll is as a troll does, sir.  A person can use a sock to troll. 

Yeah, my point is just it's less important whether he actually believes what he says or whether he just acts like one of the many who do. It seemed worthwhile to call those opinions expressed what they were. As for the continued engagement, it's already regrettable...

• Plus1 1

Just now, zoogs said:

Yeah, my point is just it's less important whether he actually believes what he says or whether he just acts like one of the many who do. It seemed worthwhile to call those opinions expressed what they were. As for the continued engagement, it's already regrettable...

I am waiting for you to clarify what tragedy you wish to happen to someone in my life 

1 minute ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

I helped elect President Trump, as did many former Democrat friends that I have. 

I'm glad he's someone that works for you and what you want. Anecdotally, I've seen a lot of Reddit folks (for whatever that's worth) and talked to a lot of folks who've been turned off this iteration of the GOP for the foreseeable future as well.

Time will tell whose interpretation of the current state of affairs is closer to true, but when you look at the special elections and the 2017 elections held last month, things don't look great for the GOP. People who are mad about the current political climate are hopping mad, and they're taking their anger to the polls.

I wouldn't call "hoping someone helps you let go of this ugly, humanity-lacking perspective of yours" wishing tragedy, exactly. 

Presumably you're surrounded by human beings who are good people and would probably be aghast that you go around online talking about how celebrities have a consent license for sexual assault. Some of these people, I hope, are people you respect and whose respect for yourself you value. 

This goes for everyone who holds that view -- which, sadly, is not at all hard to believe. I hope that someone, somehow, can get through to them because the less of this vileness we have, the better we all are. It's become shockingly but abundantly clear that we, collectively, are not that clear-eyed about some very basic right and wrongs.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, zoogs said:

I wouldn't call "hoping someone helps you let go of this ugly, humanity-lacking perspective of yours" wishing tragedy, exactly. 

Presumably you're surrounded by human beings who are good people and would probably be aghast that you go around online talking about how celebrities have a consent license for sexual assault. Some of these people, I hope, are people you respect and whose respect for yourself you value. 

This goes for everyone who holds that view -- which, sadly, is not at all hard to believe. I hope that someone, somehow, can get through to them because the less of this vileness we have, the better we all are. It's become shockingly but abundantly clear that we, collectively, are not that clear-eyed about some very basic right and wrongs.

Thats an interesting interpretation of what you said. It sure didn’t sound like that the first time. Too bad your naive version of reality precludes your ability to accept the existence of groupies in the traditional sense. Odd that you allow such a generous definition of what you said, but find it inconceivable that someone that has seen groupies first hand (heck I even know someone that once was a groupie, she thought it was awesome?) would believe that Trump was talking about what they allow celebrities to do. 

3 hours ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Well Trump never said he did grab anyone. Further he said he could. That means consent due to his celebrity. Much like a rock star and a groupie. 

But he did say that he does just start kissing women without waiting. He said that he does commit sexual assault.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Landlord said:

But he did say that he does just start kissing women without waiting. He said that he does commit sexual assault.

Yep, that was bad, as was his comments regarding married women. I think the Clinton campaign selected the “grab em” quote because it was more easily spun to be an admission of a serious sexual assault. My life, the things I have seen, experienced, and the context in which the statement was made leads me to believe that he was talking about consensual acts. 

13 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

My life, the things I have seen, experienced, and the context in which the statement was made leads me to believe that he was talking about consensual acts. 

The things Donald Trump says about women, the way he cycles through them, the way his actions reveal the way he perceives them, the way he has enthusiastically endorsed a very credibly alleged pedophile, the way he has gloated about the perks of being able to look at teenage girls in the dressing rooms of pageants, and the multitude of testimonies and allegations of sexual assault against him lead me to believe that you're not paying attention.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Yep, that was bad, as was his comments regarding married women. I think the Clinton campaign selected the “grab em” quote because it was more easily spun to be an admission of a serious sexual assault. My life, the things I have seen, experienced, and the context in which the statement was made leads me to believe that he was talking about consensual acts. 

There’s about 16+ women who beg to differ. 

• Plus1 4