Trump's Tax Plan

sho

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

The things Donald Trump says about women, the way he cycles through them, the way his actions reveal the way he perceives them, the way he has enthusiastically endorsed a very credibly alleged pedophile, the way he has gloated about the perks of being able to look at teenage girls in the dressing rooms of pageants, and the multitude of testimonies and allegations of sexual assault against him lead me to believe that you're not paying attention.

The problem is, I do pay attention. As soon as Gloria Allred gets involved I know it is a BS political stunt. 

We are less than 10 years away from these banks being bailed out for trillions of dollars.  I am skepitcal cutting regulations at this time is a good thing. I work in a field where many of these regulations are being 'cut' and truthfully many of the cuts havent been thought thru well enough and aren't feasible.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

How many after you discount anyone affiliated with Allred...

Being paid is irrelevant, but by my count, the number of individual claims not affiliated with Allred is ... 17.

Side note: Do you think Bill Cosby is a rapist?

Edited by Landlord
41 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Yep, that was bad, as was his comments regarding married women. I think the Clinton campaign selected the “grab em” quote because it was more easily spun to be an admission of a serious sexual assault. My life, the things I have seen, experienced, and the context in which the statement was made leads me to believe that he was talking about consensual acts. 

You’re choosing to ignore facts because you support s political figure. Lots of people do it on both sides. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

:facepalm: Why is anyone trying to have a discussion with this guy? Doesn't appear to be a possibly fruitful endeavor. And how has he not been banned yet?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s pretty stupid. We want more dis us soon in here from people with opposing views. 

What a joke on so many levels. Look at the last couple pages of “discussion”.....is that what is desired? And how can anyone have a rational discussion with a Trump supporter? Talk about an oxymoron. Sure opposing views would generally be a welcome thing, and maybe it actually is on this tax topic but there are extremely darned few hereabouts who really want to have a genuine honest to goodness discussion with anyone who supports anything related to Trump at this point in time. I know I don’t want to. Hell this tax bill issue is about as close as I can come to not vomiting over anything this administration has done and I’m about as conservative as they come and I actually aligned fairly well with the Republican Party up until about 2 years ago and even though this bill will likely benefit me personally on my tax return I’m smart enough to know it’s bad legislation and will be bad for the country. Sorry but if the opposing views you desire come with the baggage of people supporting this farce of a President, count me out.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

What a joke on so many levels. Look at the last couple pages of “discussion”.....is that what is desired?

He created an account with that name, has only posted in this thread, seems comfortable talking down to people as if he is familiar with them... yeah, this guy isn't here to have any kind of rational discussion.  He's entertaining himself, and for a while it was amusing to respond. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He created an account with that name, has only posted in this thread, seems comfortable talking down to people as if he is familiar with them... yeah, this guy isn't here to have any kind of rational discussion.  He's entertaining himself, and for a while it was amusing to respond. 

Exactly. Maybe it’s this busy time of the year but I just don’t have any tolerance for it right now.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

The things Donald Trump says about women, the way he cycles through them, the way his actions reveal the way he perceives them, the way he has enthusiastically endorsed a very credibly alleged pedophile, the way he has gloated about the perks of being able to look at teenage girls in the dressing rooms of pageants, and the multitude of testimonies and allegations of sexual assault against him lead me to believe that you're not paying attention.

But landlord, what does your life, the things you have seen, experienced lead you to believe?

33 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why would the wealthiest among us be investing their own money in trying to convince the public that this tax plan is a good thing?

I would imagine it is because they just have our best interest at heart. There's really no other nefarious, greedy, and outright evil explanation. 

• Plus1 1

From what i've read the immediate effects of the tax plan might actually benefit me , but i'm worried about when the "other shoe" drops. 2 trillion loss in tax revenue will have to recovered from somewhere. I think they will go straight for gutting social security, medicare, medicaid etc , and continued attempts to repeal the ACA Replacing  it with something much worse.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

From what i've read the immediate effects of the tax plan might actually benefit me , but i'm worried about when the "other shoe" drops. 2 trillion loss in tax revenue will have to recovered from somewhere. I think they will go straight for gutting social security, medicare, medicaid etc , and continued attempts to repeal the ACA Replacing  it with something much worse.

Basically what the Republicans are doing is the "the first one's free" drug dealer tactic.  You get a tax cut now, the wealthy & corporations get a tax cut now, but in a few years John Q. Public's tax cuts expire, while the wealthy & corporation tax cuts remain permanent. 

They're going to spend a LOT of money convincing people over the next several years that the extra $40 in your pocket per paycheck is a huge, huge deal, and convincing people that they need to keep that money - and oh shucks, I guess if you want to keep that, we'll have to end Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, etc.  And that'll work if people aren't smart enough to see through it.

Long-term this is a very bad plan for regular Americans. 

• Plus1 3

Looks like this will be the law of the land. Just my thoughts below. Sorry if it's been discussed already, but I've neglected this thread.

Obviously I like that I will get some money back personally. We'll see how much that really works out to be. I have a feeling it really won't matter much.

I think it's ok to lower the corporate tax rate, but this seems like too large of a drop during a time of economic growth. Especially without any real penalty for moving your money offshore as a tax shelter.

Not a fan of the estate tax changes. This was sold as a bill of goods, it really does nothing for farm families like Republicans were trying their best to say to the media.

The pass through provision is probably good for small buisness but needs some kind of cap (which would never happen as this was strictly a self interest change for the 14 senators that are affiliated with pass throughs).

Not a fan of removinf the Obamacare mandate. This is just GOP sticking one last spear into the AHCA without ever giving it a chance. I'm really worried about what will happen with healthcare now, as they are willing to let the people suffer.

The Mortage deduction changes are just idiotic and are probably going to hurt a lot of growth in the home building sector. Alobg the same lines, I have no idea why they chose to cap state deductions...

The biggest travesty in all this, as we all well know, is zero cuts in spending...

All in all this is a crappy bill. The only perk for people like us is a minor tax break... just another turd sandwich from the GOP.

Edited by ZRod
  • Plus1 5