Nebraska Depth Chart

7 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

Nate Gerry not going to class- still plays

Stanley Morgan getting busted for weed- not suspended.

Alex Lewis talking crap to the fans- no repercussion.

Tanner Lee 2 pick sixes- stays in the game.

Didn't Gerry get suspended for 2 games last year?

Didn't any charges against Morgan get dropped?

How do you know Alex Lewis faced no repercussions for his actions?

I can't explain Lee not sitting for a series.

1 hour ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

So, as a competitor taking the foot of the pedal, when do you choose to apply more pressure? When the opponent gets within 3 scores? 2 scores? A single score? And does this reduced foot pressure also apply to your defense? What about if your opponent comes out at half time with adjustments? Do you calibrate the amount of easing off proportional to the improvement in second half performance by the opponent?

Man, gauging the proportion is tough. I'm not a mathematician or physicist, so I am probably not qualified to answer that.

What I do know is that sometimes when you let the foot off the pedal and the other team makes slight half time adjustments momentum becomes a funny variable. You should always be going for the kill, which in Oregon's cause was throwing the ball on the corners, where we were giving 5-10 yard cushion, instead of playing conservative and running into the strength of the defense. 

However, the following week only solidified that we were not a good team either week. However, I will say that I am more impressed with the defense as of late, I feel like Diaco has shown some progression. 

7 minutes ago, huskerfan120889 said:

Man, gauging the proportion is tough. I'm not a mathematician or physicist, so I am probably not qualified to answer that.

What I do know is that sometimes when you let the foot off the pedal and the other team makes slight half time adjustments momentum becomes a funny variable. You should always be going for the kill, which in Oregon's cause was throwing the ball on the corners, where we were giving 5-10 yard cushion, instead of playing conservative and running into the strength of the defense. 

However, the following week only solidified that we were not a good team either week. However, I will say that I am more impressed with the defense as of late, I feel like Diaco has shown some progression. 

Don't forget that Oregon threw a pick early in the 3rd quarter, so it wasn't just taking the foot off the pedal - the Huskers made some plays too.

14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Don't forget that Oregon threw a pick early in the 3rd quarter, so it wasn't just taking the foot off the pedal - the Huskers made some plays too.

Valid point. I will say that there were some plays made but it was still a bad loss in my mind. 

Hypothetically, if the rolls were reversed and we were up 42-14 at half and they came back like that - would we be justifying that we took the foot off the pedal and that we completely outplayed them? 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, huskerfan120889 said:

Valid point. I will say that there were some plays made but it was still a bad loss in my mind. 

Hypothetically, if the rolls were reversed and we were up 42-14 at half and they came back like that - would we be justifying that we took the foot off the pedal and that we completely outplayed them? 

Yes. But we'd also be complaining that we shouldn't have come out throwing the ball so much leading to the pick and the other team gaining momentum. I'm saying it's not one thing or the other but some of both.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes. But we'd also be complaining that we shouldn't have come out throwing the ball so much leading to the pick and the other team gaining momentum. I'm saying it's not one thing or the other but some of both.

Agreed. I think I took the harsh stance of taking the foot off the pedal to back up my claim of a bad loss, which you're right it was a bit of both (foot off pedal and Nebraska making plays) but I do not believe we could classify that as a "good loss" or "non-bad-loss".

Just now, huskerfan120889 said:

Agreed. I think I took the harsh stance of taking the foot off the pedal to back up my claim of a bad loss, which you're right it was a bit of both (foot off pedal and Nebraska making plays) but I do not believe we could classify that as a "good loss" or "non-bad-loss".

It's a matter of degrees. To me it was a TERRIBLE first half but a good comeback and not a bad loss in and of itself, depends on how good or bad Oregon ends up being.

2 hours ago, Isle of View said:

You seem obsessed with Pelini.

Let me ask you a simple question . . . would it be better for the coach of the team you root for to take over a losing team and take them to a 9-4 season his first year, or would it be better if he took over a 9-4 team and took them to a losing season his first year?

Let me ask you a question.  Which coach took over a team that had a load of NFL players on it?

Players on the 2008 team that went to the NFL:

Chris Brooks

Mike Caputo

Quentin Castille
Roy Helu

Ricky Henry

Marcel Jones

Marlon Lucky

Mike McNeill

Lydon Murtha

Niles Paul

Matt Slauson

Prince Amukamara

Larry Asante

Will Compton

Jared Crick

Alfonzo Denard

Phillip Dillard

Eric Hagg

Zach Potter

Ndamukong Suh

Probably others i don't remember

2015 team that went to the NFL so far

Cethan Carter

Andy Janovich

Alex Lewis

Brandon Reilly

Zach Sterup

Maliek Collins

Vincent Valentine

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Otterpop said:

So I'm a troll because I don't believe in the stuff you guys say. That has nothing to do with it. The fact is I'm a Husker fan that gets tired of all negative talk .

No it is because your Intramural football team is 28-0 over the past 3 seasons loaded with players that choose not to take scholarships from D1 schools

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, timmytbro said:

Trolling? you serious... I was making a joke, but in all reality it is a sad state of affairs in Husker land if we are basing optimism on beating the two worst teams in the BIG.

why does it always sound serious and not like a joke until we get called on it - then it becomes so clear that it was only a joke?

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Guess again

I wasn't guessing.  If you want to define "load" I guess I can take another look.

10 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Players on the 2008 team that went to the NFL:

Chris Brooks

Mike Caputo

Quentin Castille
Roy Helu

Ricky Henry

Marcel Jones

Marlon Lucky

Mike McNeill

Lydon Murtha

Niles Paul

Matt Slauson

Prince Amukamara

Larry Asante

Will Compton

Jared Crick

Alfonzo Denard

Phillip Dillard

Eric Hagg

Zach Potter

Ndamukong Suh

Probably others i don't remember

2015 team that went to the NFL so far

Cethan Carter

Andy Janovich

Alex Lewis

Brandon Reilly

Zach Sterup

Maliek Collins

Vincent Valentine

You included a few in the 2008 team that were Pelini recruits.  and you left a few off of the 2015 team.  And there are still more to come.  

4 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

I wasn't guessing.  If you want to define "load" I guess I can take another look.

You included a few in the 2008 team that were Pelini recruits.  and you left a few off of the 2015 team.  And there are still more to come.  

Nice post - any specifics? or you just took the time to find the answer and then choose not to give any details.