Nebraska Depth Chart

1 minute ago, Isle of View said:

Quentin Castille?  A 3rd string RB in 2008 who got kicked off the team prior to the 2009 season.

Thought he played for KC for a minute

Either way, the disparity is there.  And if you think a bunch more players that were on the team now when Pelini got fired are going to make the NFL, I got bad news for you.

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Unless I missed it, Lucky, Murtha, and Castille didn't have any NFL snaps. Not saying they didn't make a roster, just didn't play in a game

The lists are bogus.  And they don't take into account the fact that a lot of those guys would never have sniffed the NFL if Callahan had stuck around and taken them to more losing seasons.  

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Thought he played for KC for a minute

Either way, the disparity is there.  And if you think a bunch more players that were on the team now when Pelini got fired are going to make the NFL, I got bad news for you.

You should quit while you're not any further behind.  Here's a partial list off the top of my head of possible NFL players that you left off from the 2015 team:

Stoltenberg

Gifford

Brown

Jones

Pierson-El

Kalu

Weber

Morgan

Lee

Foster

Farmer

Akinmoladun

Gates

But yeah, stick up for the washed out .500 coach while throwing the players under the bus.

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Pelini inherited a more talented team plain and simple. The guys Riley is bringing in (Fr. RSFr. & SO.) are out playing their upperclassmen counterparts all over the field. That tells you all you need to know.

LOL.  You think that tells you more than scoreboard?

2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

You should quit while you're not any further behind.  Here's a partial list off the top of my head of possible NFL players that you left off from the 2015 team:

Stoltenberg

Gifford

Brown

Jones

Pierson-El

Kalu

Weber

Morgan

Lee

Foster

Farmer

Akinmoladun

Gates

But yeah, stick up for the washed out .500 coach while throwing the players under the bus.

It tells me that the team Riley inherited wasn't that talented and not as talented as what Pelini stepped into. If we would have hired Riley when we hired Pelini Riley would have done as good if not better than Pelini imo. 

4 hours ago, zoogs said:

Weak and arbitrary.

It's the makeup of the roster. Ideally there's more depth and more seniority, but there's not.

well had we NOT fired Pellini, and basically had him on the hot seat the year before maybe there would be more depth now

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

It tells me that the team Riley inherited wasn't that talented and not as talented as what Pelini stepped into. If we would have hired Riley when we hired Pelini Riley would have done as good if not better than Pelini imo. 

based on what? his prior record?

5 hours ago, Otterpop said:

All of you Mike Riley haters do you realize that in our 2 deep depth chart we have a total of 6 seniors in it. This should tell you that it takes time to build up talent and depth to play Big 10 football to compete. 

Based off this past weeks list it's actually 10. 

What about competing in the Sun Belt or MAC?

3 hours ago, Isle of View said:

Stoltenberg-----Awful stiff, doubtful

Gifford-----I would be VERY surprised

Brown-------Probably, yes

Jones--------If he heals, yes

Pierson-El------I don't think so

Kalu------I just can't see it right now

Weber----Too small for MLB, to slow for OLB, nope

Morgan-----This is your only chance for a top 3 round pick in this list

Lee---Like Tanner Lee???  You have lost your mind.  If you mean Eric Lee, I just don't understand your though process.

Foster-----I seriously doubt it at this point.

Farmer------HaHa

Akinmoladun--Nope

Gates----No way in hell

I am not a Riley apologist, but this list is complete and utter horses#!t.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Isle of View said:

And another player basher trying to prop a lifetime mediocre coach.  Smh

Dude, the post you quoted literally said I am not a Riley apologist.  Are you serious right now?  Holy cow man.

Saying they aren't going to play in the NFL makes me a player basher now.  This place is being overrun by new member dips#!ttedness today.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Isle of View said:

The lists are bogus.  And they don't take into account the fact that a lot of those guys would never have sniffed the NFL if Callahan had stuck around and taken them to more losing seasons.  

Playing for a losing program in college means absolutely zero when it comes to playing in the NFL.  The NFL is a meritocracy.  

• Plus1 2