A plea for the fan base...

eoltmer

1 hour ago, eoltmer said:

I would just like to remind the fan base that this weekend is one of the highest profile weekends in a long time and that regardless of the outcome of the game or how drunk we all might be that there are plenty of impressionable future Huskers in the stands and to really show them what it means to be a true Husker fan.  Get back to our roots and stay the whole game and cheer for your team. If we win party like it's '97, if we lose congratulate Wisconsin.  Cheer loud and be proud and as always GBR.

And don't tell people to sit down.  That rhymes I think

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Just try not to cheer Frost before Mike is gone.  It's kind of NOT the Husker way.  

What? We tried to run Osborne out of town. Ran Solich out. Ran Bo out.

Are you sure it's not the Husker fan way?

And I'm not trying to run Mike out. I like him, but if he finishes 6-6 or worse, he has to go. Especially with Frost out there, in my opinion.

I know you can't base a decision like hiring/firing a coach off hypotheticals, but imagine how it would feel if Frost went to Tennessee or LSU and won big.... That'd be tough to watch.

34 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

What? We tried to run Osborne out of town. Ran Solich out. Ran Bo out.

Are you sure it's not the Husker fan way?

And I'm not trying to run Mike out. I like him, but if he finishes 6-6 or worse, he has to go. Especially with Frost out there, in my opinion.

I know you can't base a decision like hiring/firing a coach off hypotheticals, but imagine how it would feel if Frost went to Tennessee or LSU and won big.... That'd be tough to watch.

I think most are in agreeance with this but the point is more Mike hasn't gone 6-6 yet, let's see how the season plays out first.

6 hours ago, shyndy said:

What is the opportune time to throw a pick 6?  I suppose if you are up by 40 and the back ups are in.  But  This team doesn't have the ability to blow anyone out.

I guess you have a point...

Regardless; I'm gonna be pissed if I see I Pick-6 at any moment in time. I'm not one to get overly emotional IRL, though; so I'll be good. Will be interesting to see how Memorial stadium reacts to a P6, though.

13 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'd like to also make sure that everyone knows Mike Riley is still our coach...and he needs our support as long as he is.

Please support the team and coaches we have and DON'T support the team and coaches WE DON'T have.

“If you don’t support the war you don’t support the troops”

I love this team and hope they win. I also hope we replace Riley. These aren’t mutually exclusive.

• Plus1 2