Scott Frost is the next Tom Osborne

jessica0

I am reading some articles with writers supporting keeping Riley one more year if the team finishes with 6 or 7 wins as it takes time to turn around what was left by the prior coaching staff.  I firmly disagree with this notion, and we have certainly seen examples of other coaches coming in right away and getting results on the field.  With that said, if we really think Frost is going to live up to all of the promise (which would be great if he ends up at Nebraska), should Nebraska fire a coach after just 3 seasons?  Well the best example of a similar situation happening was when Florida fired Ron Zook after 3 winning seasons, and who did they pick....a rising star names Urban Meyer.  I think we can all agree that Meyer did well at Florida winning 2 national titles, and while Meyer had 4 years of head coaching experience before going to Florida (2 at BG and 2 at Utah), there is a precedent set for firing a coach after 3 seasons IF there is a stud coach waiting in the wings.