Gun powder needs a spark

2 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

This is why the Athletic Department shouldn't listen to us. Osborne listened to us and we got Bo. The AD needs to hire the best coach available w/o regard to what the fan base desires.

If this board is any indication the entire fan base will implode if Scott Frost isn't hired.

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion from Zoogs post.

But look what happened when SE did not listen to us :ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Very interesting you mention the toxic environment of Nebraska. I was talking with some of my buddies this week and they mentioned how toxic the fan base is and how difficult it may be to bring in someone big. 

I am sorry but this is not a toxic fan base...

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Very interesting you mention the toxic environment of Nebraska. I was talking with some of my buddies this week and they mentioned how toxic the fan base is and how difficult it may be to bring in someone big. 

Then don't come here unless your coming here to win B1G West titles.  Don't come here unless your coming here to beat NIU and Arky ST.  Don't come here if your looking for an easy paycheck.  Dont come here if your not prepared to win.  Don't come here if you don't have a plan in place to win games against Wisky and Iowa first.  Don't come here then.  Now if your looking to win games, compete for West Div titles and looking at building a winner for the long haul. pleas come here.  Toxic fans, you bet we are.  We are done with this crap of losing to everyone relevant.  We are tired of being #63 in ESPN poo ratings.  We are tired of not winning against bottom feeders by more than a couple of points.  Call a spade a spade.  If caring means toxic, then thats it.  If winning matters more games than 5 matters, then were toxic. If wanting to compete against and having a chance to win against Ohio ST and Wisky and Penn St matters more than winning by one point of Purdue, then yes we are toxic SOB's.

• Plus1 2

21 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Then don't come here unless your coming here to win B1G West titles.  Don't come here unless your coming here to beat NIU and Arky ST.  Don't come here if your looking for an easy paycheck.  Dont come here if your not prepared to win.  Don't come here if you don't have a plan in place to win games against Wisky and Iowa first.  Don't come here then.  Now if your looking to win games, compete for West Div titles and looking at building a winner for the long haul. pleas come here.  Toxic fans, you bet we are.  We are done with this crap of losing to everyone relevant.  We are tired of being #63 in ESPN poo ratings.  We are tired of not winning against bottom feeders by more than a couple of points.  Call a spade a spade.  If caring means toxic, then thats it.  If winning matters more games than 5 matters, then were toxic. If wanting to compete against and having a chance to win against Ohio ST and Wisky and Penn St matters more than winning by one point of Purdue, then yes we are toxic SOB's.

I was not the one saying it...these guys are Goofs fans and other BIG schools fans. Outside perspective I guess. 

2 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

I was not the one saying it...these guys are Goofs fans and other BIG schools fans. Outside perspective I guess. 

I know.  My statement was in general to those who think that this message board might or might not affect who we get as coach or recruit as players.  Our fan base will love coaches and players who leave it all on the line each and every game.  Win or lose as long as the effort and ability level equal out.  We haven't had either for along time.  I hear this crap on call in shows on the radio.  Were a fickel bunch that wants to win, but were not that unrealistic in the whole power game.  Its going to take time.  We might not ever win back to back B1G titles in this era of college football.  But winning 9-10 games and competed against (having a chance to win) Top 10 teams is not that hard.  Iowa St is winning games this year, and there losses are narrow ones to decent teams that play defense.  I mean if Iowa St is winning and has a chance to win 8-9 games this season, whats that saying about us and our coaching staff right now.  Whats that say about our program.  Were in the worst division among Power 5 football.