Hillary and the Hijacking of the Democrat Party

33 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

I'd do some reading up on her & Assad before you full-throatedly endorse her.

Gabbard has supported not overthrowing Assad, which is not the same as supporting Assad, as many on both sides of the aisle have claimed. So also beware the slant on Gabbard and her position on Assad.as well.

This is the article that originally made me wonder what the true motivations for her trip to Syria were.

I'm not saying I'd definitely not vote for her. Obviously she'd have to lay out an entire, coherent foreign policy vision for me to truly evaluate her as a candidate. I just think Assad is a brutal thug nd we should be honest about that. Even if deposing him is worse than leaving him in power.

I do like what she has to say about reforming the party.

4 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

This is the article that originally made me wonder what the true motivations for her trip to Syria were.

I'm not saying I'd definitely not vote for her. Obviously she'd have to lay out an entire, coherent foreign policy vision for me to truly evaluate her as a candidate. I just think Assad is a brutal thug nd we should be honest about that. Even if deposing him is worse than leaving him in power.

Why would that article make you wonder about her motivations? There's nothing in it except that her trip was "controversial" because she met with Assad. Is that it?

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

I guess I didn't read anything in there that concerned me.  Can you point out exactly what in the article concerned you?

I just wonder because a group with questionable ties to Assad - maybe - financed the trip. And she didn't want to share that fact immediately when first asked.

It also struck me as unnecessary that she inserted the qualifiers after he gassed his own people about "If he was indeed responsible."

It may just be smoke with no fire, but it seems fishy to me. 

Edited by dudeguyy

17 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

I just wonder because a group with questionable ties to Assad - maybe - financed the trip. And she didn't want to share that fact immediately when first asked.

It also struck me as unnecessary that she inserted the qualifiers after he gassed his own people about "If he was indeed responsible."

It may just be smoke with no fire, but it seems fishy to me. 

It's a weak slander piece to me. The article implies the group has questionable ties without evidence but just that other articles have also implied it. And Gabbard said she wasn't convinced that Assad had done the chemical attack and wanted a full investigation.

I'm sure there are reasons to be skeptical/critical of Gabbard, but that article didn't contain any.

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

It's a weak slander piece to me. The article implies the group has questionable ties without evidence but just that other articles have also implied it. And Gabbard said she wasn't convinced that Assad had done the chemical attack and wanted a full investigation.

I'm sure there are reasons to be skeptical/critical of Gabbard, but that article didn't contain any.

To each their own. I mean, I've always thought pretty highly of the Atlantic. 

I urge you to go read the WaPo piece that was linked in the Atlantic story. It paints the picture that the dude from Ohio who funded her trip may be working FOR Assad in the U.S. to keep tabs on disloyal Syrians that are here. If you believe the first assertion, the second one follows almost necessarily - that the Assad regime itself facilitated the trip their . She met Syrians in arranged meetings that convinced her Assad was the good guy? Come on.

It's more just the broader pattern of her behavior regarding Syria that makes me uncomfortable with it. What I've heard and read makes me think she's being a bit idealistic & naive about the state of Assad's Syria. But, as they say, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

2 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

To each their own. I mean, I've always thought pretty highly of the Atlantic. 

I urge you to go read the WaPo piece that was linked in the Atlantic story. It paints the picture that the dude from Ohio who funded her trip may be working FOR Assad in the U.S. to keep tabs on disloyal Syrians that are here. If you believe the first assertion, the second one follows almost necessarily - that the Assad regime itself facilitated the trip their . She met Syrians in arranged meetings that convinced her Assad was the good guy? Come on.

It's more just the broader pattern of her behavior regarding Syria that makes me uncomfortable with it. What I've heard and read makes me think she's being a bit idealistic & naive about the state of Assad's Syria. But, as they say, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Except Tulsi Gabbard never called Assad a good guy that I've ever seen. In fact here's a quote from her:

If President Assad is indeed guilty of this horrible chemical attack on civilians, I will be the first to call for his prosecution and execution by the International Criminal Court.

(FYI, this quote came months after the articles linked early.)

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Welcome to my world.  I'm supposedly not a true conservative because I don't like Trump.

Got that right. I have family members who question my saneness because I'm not on the Trump Train.  My argument is that we can do much better, Trump isn't a true believer,  yada, yada, etc. & then if I bring up the unethical, personality, psyco impairments, then the .... hits the fan.