The Democrat Utopia

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...why would you replace Harris with someone from the other party?

Because if I were Gavin Newsome I would first avoid fancy indoor dinners with large groups and then appoint competent people with rational ideas.  That leaves out most Democrats, especially those from CA.  Which leads me to Issa.   Or maybe Arnold (just kidding). 

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Because if I were Gavin Newsome I would first avoid fancy indoor dinners with large groups and then appoint competent people with rational ideas.  That leaves out most Democrats, especially those from CA.  Which leads me to Issa.   Or maybe Arnold (just kidding). 

I'm not sure why his stupidity about going to fancy dinners has anything to do with it.

But, if it were me, I would think someone should appoint another person in line with the person the people voted in.  So, if Harris were a Republican, I would try to find a Republican that I could appoint.  She happens to be a Democrat ( a very popular Democrat) so, I would try to find a Democrat that I could appoint.

However, I do understand that doing that would be much harder for a partisan person.  Since I'm an independent and not tied to a party....it's a pretty simple thought process for me.

Why should a governor of one state have the power to possibly swing the power in the US Senate because he's replacing a very popular Senator that was just elected with 80 million votes to be the next VP.   That's one hell of a lot of power to put in one person's hands.

• Plus1 3
25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not sure why his stupidity about going to fancy dinners has anything to do with it.

But, if it were me, I would think someone should appoint another person in line with the person the people voted in.  So, if Harris were a Republican, I would try to find a Republican that I could appoint.  She happens to be a Democrat ( a very popular Democrat) so, I would try to find a Democrat that I could appoint.

However, I do understand that doing that would be much harder for a partisan person.  Since I'm an independent and not tied to a party....it's a pretty simple thought process for me.

Why should a governor of one state have the power to possibly swing the power in the US Senate because he's replacing a very popular Senator that was just elected with 80 million votes to be the next VP.   That's one hell of a lot of power to put in one person's hands.

Very well said.  I‘m not registered Independent but I have voted for Democrats in down ballot races before.  I have to admit that I would replace any Democrat Senator with a good Republican  Senator if given the choice. it was hypothetical and I will never get that chance.

you do bring up a very interesting point though.  Has a Governor of one party ever appointed a Senator of another party?  If so, I wonder if the Governor ran for re-election after and what happened if they did.  It is an interesting scenario for sure 

Look at us being peaceful to each other :)   

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

you do bring up a very interesting point though.  Has a Governor of one party ever appointed a Senator of another party?  If so, I wonder if the Governor ran for re-election after and what happened if they did.  It is an interesting scenario for sure 

Look at us being peaceful to each other :) 

I'm almost positive it has.  But...I can't give you an example. (not that much of a historian).  But....I'm guessing it would be an extremely rare situation where one might appoint an opposite party Senator and actually swing the Senate power.  

If one party has say a 5 seat majority and the governor makes it a 4 seat majority....it's not nearly as big of a deal.

Corporate democrats are the dumbest motherf#&%ers on the planet. They would never lose an election if they took the popular side of every issue. Trump wants to bring some troops home (btw hes lying) but thats a good thing! The Iraq/Afghanistan war has a popularity rating of single digits. I believe 8% is the number. Democrats should criticize him for not bringing all troops home and getting the f#&% out of this god forsaken war. But no, these geniuses are to the right of Trump on this. f#&% off

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Corporate democrats are the dumbest motherf#&%ers on the planet. They would never lose an election if they took the popular side of every issue. Trump wants to bring some troops home (btw hes lying) but thats a good thing! The Iraq/Afghanistan war has a popularity rating of single digits. I believe 8% is the number. Democrats should criticize him for not bringing all troops home and getting the f#&% out of this god forsaken war. But no, these geniuses are to the right of Trump on this. f#&% off

Why do you think he is lying.  Trump ran on that.  

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why do you think he is lying.  Trump ran on that.  

Because he hasnt pulled out any troop since taking over 4 years ago. We have the same anount of troops as we did when he took over. And if he does actually bring troops home and not just put them in another country, I will be the first to give him credit. 

Its been 18 years. There are no clear goals or objectives for Iraq and Afghanistan. Its due time to get the f#&% out of there. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Why are you referring to her as a "corporate democrat" ?