JUCO QB Lyle Moevao

I'm sorry but I just think this is embarrassing. We have been constantly swinging and missing on almost every single QB prospect out there and NOW we can't even land what looks to be an average at best JC guy. Ahhhh but these coaches can and do surprise me, so I'll keep the faith and wait patiently for a frikin QB!!

It is officially time to be concerned.

And please don't give me this crap about it being early and not panicking. 

Plain and simple, the coaching staff has failed to recruit a QB since ZT.  And if you haven't noticed, the trend is for these kids to commit early; the well is getting awfully dry.  That's not good.

So who are we going to end up with?  ANYONE?

i thought this guy was a sure get for us.......i am willing to bet the coaches are as frustrated as we are........Beck better get his sh#t together this year, he will be "it" for the next 2 years.....

hunter94

Don't forget Beck burned a redshirt, recruited players to NU, hasn't complained, and took a chance on Cally in a new system, I think he has his SH** together!!! :)

Lyle Moevao to OSU.

http://jcgridiron.rivals.com/

:throw

:wtf

NU....then theres Organ state or whoever.... ummm Good luck to you i hope YOU feel like YOU made the right choice

I am not terribly worried, but jeesh... i come home from work, get ready for bed and pop on here to see if there is any GOOD news and bam....

We still have Joe Ganz and Beau Davis,

And if all other QBs fail we can get Carriker to run a few Jamal Lord Shotgun keepers and pick up a few....

maybe we scared him.

maybe OSU said, "hey, do you really want to play for fans like that? they're nuts! they're like stalkin' you, kid."

which is unfair, really. eric and i only followed him home those six or seven times.

but whatever, i guess.

here is my take on the QB situation. This year is not a do or die situation because Zac is a senior, Harrison is a true Soph, and Joe is a RS Soph. I feel that the Blue chip QB's out there are looking to start contributing by thier Sophmore year and right now they see Beck playing and them not really getting any action until their junior year unless they redshirt and it is still 3 years down the road.

Alot of the other schools that are recruiting these QB's this year are probably using that against NU right now.

Yes it would be nice to get a 4 :star each year but these kids are not going to be happy waiting in line for the chance to shine that long. I am sure that there is a diamond in the rough out there that is going to come to NU this year and who knows there might just be someone out there that wants the compition.

Lastly as long as Norvell is the QB coach it is going to be difficult (not impossible) to get superstars to NU. I have said it before and I will continue to say it, Tight end in the NFL trying to teach a QB about reads audibles, ect. I dont think is going to work as well as a former QB teaching QB's.

just random thoughts

I wont comment on the QB situation other than to say we need one this year.

Since this thread is for Moevao i will focus on him...what the hell were you thinking choosing Oregon St :bang

sounds like is he wanted to be able to contribute right away and stay close to family. OSU gives him the opportunity for both.

Good luck to him......and maybe we can schedule OSU in the next 3 years and show him the mistake that he made.

Since this thread is for Moevao i will focus on him...what the hell were you thinking choosing Oregon St :bang

Dave, maybe you shouldn't be so hard on the Beav.

I couldn't resist. ;)

Good luck, Lyle...now that you're a Beaver, they're all out to nail your ass. Or your...oh, whatever. Beaver. :smokin

maybe we scared him.

maybe OSU said, "hey, do you really want to play for fans like that? they're nuts! they're like stalkin' you, kid."

which is unfair, really. eric and i only followed him home those six or seven times.

but whatever, i guess.

...actually it's was eight, bad things man...bad things :restore2

Dave, maybe you shouldn't be so hard on the Beav.

I couldn't resist. ;)

Good luck, Lyle...now that you're a Beaver, they're all out to nail your ass. Or your...oh, whatever. Beaver. :smokin

I have to be hard on the beav! :horns2

no good luck and all that rah rah :box

We are all a little shakey about the QB situation. It is early and these are highschool kids. (well most of them) I think Oregon State was his choice because the Beavers really have no one as a QB that doesn't resemble Mr Magoo. He wants playing time NOW. And will probably get it if he is worth his weight in cat sh*t. LOL Good luck to him, and I really hope he has a good career. Family and Playing time does sound good to any kid in High school.

Guys, we still have another high school football season next fall. There will be other great prospects showing up on the radar screen that currently aren't there. There will still be plenty of prospects available. Come on, we are talking about a country of about 275 million -- the experts don't know about every single player. Plus a good share of players will decommit. So if we don't get a QB commitment this summer, indeed don't panic.