Ozigbo finishes as Nebraska's 2017 rushing leader - Bryant was second after playing only two games

knapplc

This is pretty incredible. 

Bryant should have been starting early in the season when a lot of us were questioning where Ozigbo was. Bryant had 20 or more carries both games to start the season.

Ozigbo only played in ten games, and had six games where he got ten or fewer carries. Ozibgo rushed for 100 yards three times, against Rutgers, Illinois & Wisconsin. He had 166 yards combined in the final six games.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I think the over-arching point is that Nebraska's rushing game under Mike Riley is incredibly bad--regardless of who the RB was or might have been.

Yes, and that's after Riley made a point of saying that Nebraska needs to be among the top-rushing teams in the Big Ten West.  This is regression on a massive scale.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Yes, and that's after Riley made a point of saying that Nebraska needs to be among the top-rushing teams in the Big Ten West.  This is regression on a massive scale.

I believe he said he wanted Nebraska to be in the top three in rushing in the conference, not just the Big 10 West...

Honestly though (and admittedly I have no empirical proof) I think Riley was just paying lip service and telling the fan base what we wanted to hear.  I think Riley never had any real intention of ever running the ball with any force or commitment.  

2 minutes ago, Coach Power'T said:

Well they ran the ball 46% of the time this year. For a whopping 3.5 yards per carry.

No diversified running game. Just the same play, over and over and over, with lineman that don't know how to run block. I swear Cav only works on pass blocking with these kids. 

This!!!  There is no imagination in the run game, and Cav only cares about how guys block in the passing game. He gives no s#!ts about run blocking.

Also, the RPO game took a hit when Lee wasn’t a threat to run, and Lee was going to choose to pass more rather than handing it off to the I-back. 

I don't care what the stats say, this team did not have a leading rusher and it never would've behind that piss poor offensive line with the piss poor play calling. Any of our running backs would've been more than adequate without Langsdorf and Cavanaugh and Riley. As pathetic as the O line was I can't even blame the players. That is a team wide structural failure that transcends any individual players.

• Plus1 1

Langsford's offense is terrible for running the ball, we all know it. It's as predictable and as exciting as pee-wee.

I mean, it's not too difficult to game plan against it. Outside plays are man in motion jet sweep, otherwise they send the back into a box up the middle. 

Almost as if it's a wasted play they have to do, before getting back to timing pass reads.

So disappointed since seeing it rolled out against BYU :facepalm:

• Plus1 3
29 minutes ago, admo said:

Langsford's offense is terrible for running the ball, we all know it. It's as predictable and as exciting as pee-wee.

I mean, it's not too difficult to game plan against it. Outside plays are man in motion jet sweep, otherwise they send the back into a box up the middle. 

Almost as if it's a wasted play they have to do, before getting back to timing pass reads.

So disappointed since seeing it rolled out against BYU :facepalm:

^^^This. It’s just something they seemed to do to buy a little extra time getting to the big money pass play. They didn’t ever really want to run the ball, not really.  It’s almost like they wanted it to fail so they had a good excuse for wanting a statue quarterback. It’s pretty sad but I can’t even decide which was worse, the offense or the defense. I’m not sure you could put together another staff and have any worse results. Total complete failure.