Is Scott Frost the ONLY Answer?

16 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Great first post, welcome to the board!

Thanks. I've lurked on different boards for many years, but when I found myself here, I finally found a board that seemed worth actually joining. The rational to crazy ratio seems better than elsewhere. I don't often have much to add, but I hope to stick around and chime in when I do.

• Plus1 2

Simply put no......

As someone aptly put in the megathread, NU needs Frost more than he needs NU.......

I think he checks the blocks and has the intangible of being a Husker and is the one link to our once proud and storied past.  

They're several others that could succeed, but wouldn't have that wow factor of Frost.  The thing with Frost is getting him would be the biggest win the Huskers have probably had in 20 years.  He is the media darling, the hottest coach, the SEC teams wants him and we got him....Think of the positive psychological benefits that would have for NU.  It would catapult us to the head of the line in positive feel good stories going into a depressing bowl season....

Some others I'd name:

Campbell

Candle

Venables

Moorhead

Niumatalolo

Calhoun 

Fuente

Morris

Norvell

Stoops

Petersen

If we are truly talking about dropping 5 mill on a coach, that really opens up some doors that were previously possibly closed.

For the record, I want Frost.  He checks the blocks and Husker nation will implode if it's not him....Although some of the above listed would be great IMO.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, TheMeanFarmer said:

Scott Frost IS the ONLY answer...that will appease the Husker fan masses.

As of today, Scott Frost is going to be a home run hire for any school.  But Nebraska will be WAY more butt-hurt about not getting him than any other school.

Remember however, there is a toxic culture in Lincoln that has to  be purged.  It has been festering for close to 20 years and has poisoned the well.   This is about the Administration, Athletic Department and its staff, Coaches, culture, and players.   Not just one coach.

I am VERY hopeful that Bill Moos can become the Bob Devaney of this era.   He needs to be, or we are going to become Kansas in football.

There are many outside of our State who already consider us to be a bottom dweller of the Big Ten.

25 minutes ago, LadyGlitterSparkles said:

Thanks. I've lurked on different boards for many years, but when I found myself here, I finally found a board that seemed worth actually joining. The rational to crazy ratio seems better than elsewhere. I don't often have much to add, but I hope to stick around and chime in when I do.

Me too! I'm converting to associate Nebraska fan status because of the fans/board. 

• Plus1 4
44 minutes ago, moveitforward said:

There are many outside of our State who already consider us to be a bottom dweller of the Big Ten.

giphy.gif

You seem to be pretty good at bemoaning the state of the program but not so good at imagining how it can be improved or even seemingly wanting it to improve. This “we’re not good enough to attract anybody worthwhile” sh#t needs to stop.

• Plus1 2

33 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

giphy.gif

You seem to be pretty good at bemoaning the state of the program but not so good at imagining how it can be improved or even seemingly wanting it to improve. This “we’re not good enough to attract anybody worthwhile” sh#t needs to stop.

Number 1 - the first step in recovering is acknowledging reality. Number 2 - the second step is giving the next coach on our coaching merry-go-round At Least 5 seasons to rebuild. How does that work for you?

8 minutes ago, moveitforward said:

Number 1 - the first step in recovering is acknowledging reality. Number 2 - the second step is giving the next coach on our coaching merry-go-round At Least 5 seasons to rebuild. How does that work for you?

So, you’re saying that we should’ve given Riley more time? Or Pelini? Or Callahan?

Not sure I’m getting your point about a coaching merry-go-round or a specified timeline.