Changes to the Nebraska brand

Dansker

Scott Frost doesn't like Herbie Husker with brunette hair and thinks it should be blonde. I can think of a few other changes that I would like to see:

- Drop Adidas after the bribery scandal. 

There may be some sort of stipulation or deal where we can back out of our contract without penalty. Could Suh, along with Phil Knight bring NIKE to Lincoln?

- Not only should we dye Herbie Husker's hair back to blonde but we should get rid of Lil' Red, we don't need two mascots and Lil' Red is just ridiculous.

- Revamp the Nebraska "N" logo that is dated back to the Callahan era mainly when our logo is shown on TV or go back to these:

tehw6xtk9sefdv578hfzgepb3.gif.c72280b96c2476bb77ebf685c7496fa1.gif

HelmetHuskers_1983.jpg.ec7064b77bc852ff426c2c68ba100bfc.jpg

Other things I would like to see: players wearing uniforms more appropriately for games. No more red shoes, they look hideous. I'm OK with white and red but I think black shoes looks better overall. The entire team needs to look and play as ONE.

Example:

nebraska_notre_dame.jpg.b9b2978a05a947119edaa74e936fcb22.jpg

Our players then wore black shoes and matched one another so they looked a lot better, IMO. Don't kid yourself, a clean uniform all around shows cohesion.

These are major brand changes I would consider. I would not touch the tunnel walk music, Blackshirts tradition. However, I do think we could use some tweaks to our uniforms nothing major but I loved our 1997 throwbacks. I'd like to see that uniform without the mesh jersey of course. Our away uniforms would look better. We would look very classy like Penn State's uniforms, IMO.

What other changes to the brand could be suggested?

3 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I would like to see more than one alternate uniform per year.  The kids like it, and frankly, so do i.

I agree. Didn't Ohio State wear alternates more than once this year? Our all white silver look for last year's NW game was pretty slick. The chrome facemasks stood out.

3 minutes ago, skersfan said:

No names on the jerseys.  Unite as a team, team recognition.  Keep our colors, but update the uniforms as needed.

Didn't we do this during one year under TO? I know Oklahoma ditched names on the jerseys every now and again. 2006 comes to mind. I know in the 70's our stripes on the pants were closer together. It's basically what Wisconsin has now. I'm not an old guy, but I know my history.

My favorite uniforms are the 1983 team and 1999-2001 era. I loved the red socks and black shoes. I know 2003 we went back to a classic look and ditched the god awful 2002 uniforms  and we wore black socks with black shoes then in 2004 Callahan era brought back striped pants which were last used 10 years prior.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I am fully on board with this. Loved how we looked against Wisconsin this year. So clean and fresh. 

Yeah, I like a classic look as well. Really, that's how it should be, IMO as one the top 5 winningest programs. More importantly, I think under SF, we'll look different in 2018. I think our boys will have cleaner uniforms and not look sloppy here and there like we have under Riley. We haven't changed much since 2004. I think it's time to make some tweaks.

1 minute ago, FTW said:

Didn't we do this during one year under TO? I know Oklahoma ditched names on the jerseys every now and again. 2006 comes to mind. I know in the 70's our stripes on the pants were closer together. It's basically what Wisconsin has now. I'm not an old guy, but I know my history.

My favorite uniforms are the 1983 team and 1999-2001 era. I loved the red socks and black shoes. I know 2003 we went back to a classic look and ditched the god awful 2002 uniforms  and we wore black socks with black shoes then in 2004 Callahan era brought back striped pants which were last used 10 years prior.

For many years into the 80s, NU had names only on the away jerseys. There were simply too many players that suited up for home games for them to put names on the back (or that was the excuse that they gave back then). 

1 minute ago, FTW said:

Yeah, I like a classic look as well. Really, that's how it should be, IMO as one the top 5 winningest programs. More importantly, I think under SF, we'll look different in 2018. I think our boys will have cleaner uniforms and not look sloppy here and there like we have under Riley. We haven't changed much since 2004. I think it's time to make some tweaks.

That was one of the things that Moos commented on in his press conference last Saturday.  He just thought the team looked inconsistent and sloppy in their uniforms under Riley. 

Edited by ColoradoHusk