Changes to the Nebraska brand

Dansker

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

That was one of the things that Moos commented on in his press conference last Saturday.  He just thought the team looked inconsistent and sloppy in their uniforms under Riley. 

You could see it throughout his entire regime. Not just how they treat them in the locker room but in the games too. Just seeing players undershirts sticking out and jerseys not tucked in looks very sloppy and lazy.

I like the script Huskers, but hate it when it’s used over the block N. The current Block N is great, and it’s used as the logo/identifier for the entire University, not just the athletic department. It’s a clean logo, that gets instant recognition.

I wish the University would go back to using the term Cornhuskers, but I think that ship has sailed long ago. 

Edited by ColoradoHusk

I agree about the uniform change suggestions. Get rid of the pant stripes, go back to the black shoes (I loved when they switched away from the black shoes in 2012, but have since changed my mind). Just completely mimic the 2001 uniforms imo. Use plain undershirts, or at least use the thin helmet style 'N' on the sleeves instead of the block 'N'.

As far as marketing/branding, I think the university should focus on an overarching concept of 'simple and sleek'. Clean, minimal, flat design concepts. Our uniforms seem simple, but small parts of them make them seem busier than they need to be (especially the pant stripes). The graphics on twitter are a good example of this - some of the stuff is pretty uninspired, but some of it works INCREDIBLY well for our brand. Look at how much better the second one looks:

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm 42 (and I'm a man!), so no. But I've yet to see an alternate uniform that didn't make me want to roll my eyes, let alone look better than the regular uniforms. I'm sure others disagree.

I think alternates are a good recruiting tool but, I miss the old days when players came here because of that N and what it stood for. Nowadays, people care about the way they look on field which I understand completely. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Nike stinks, can we please get over that, good God.  The biggest recruiting camps are sponsored by Adidas.  We have a massive contract.  Please stop

Really? Michigan has Air Jordan on their uniforms and Wisconsin went with Under Armour and they made minor tweaks to their uniforms and look less like Nebraska. Due to the Adidas scandal, NU could reconsider.