Weird Time for Christians

5 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Thanks for posting that!  The fact that the dude is on the south and it seems like a mostly white congregation??  Makes it even better.  I heard a sermon in the same vain 2 summers ago.  Us Lutherans don't jump up and say hallelujah But I almost did.

Don’t restrain yourself- just let it rip Brother!

16 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Thanks for posting that!  The fact that the dude is on the south and it seems like a mostly white congregation??  Makes it even better.  I heard a sermon in the same vain 2 summers ago.  Us Lutherans don't jump up and say hallelujah But I almost did.

I'm sure you are like the rest of us good Lutherans. You make no other noise while singing along to the praise band, because you go to the cool contemporary service, while sitting in "Your Seats". Heaven help the visitor who came early today and sat in your families seat. If they come back, they'll learn.

• TBH 1
24 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I'm sure you are like the rest of us good Lutherans. You make no other noise while singing along to the praise band, because you go to the cool contemporary service, while sitting in "Your Seats". Heaven help the visitor who came early today and sat in your families seat. If they come back, they'll learn.

Nailed that one!

I am a traditional organ guy though.  My wife is an organist.  I don't mind contemporary at all, problem is a lot of Lutherans are really bad at it.

• TBH 1
3 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Nailed that one!

I am a traditional organ guy though.  My wife is an organist.  I don't mind contemporary at all, problem is a lot of Lutherans are really bad at it.

I've been on the contemporary side for decades - now longing more for the traditional. 

Diocesan Statement 04-26-24

Rev. Joseph Nemec (no longer retaining the honorary title of Monsignor) has been found guilty of the graviora delicta of inducing an adult woman to commit a sin against the sixth commandment in the context of a sacramental Confession. This decision was ratified by the Holy See and, under the authority of the Holy See, the perpetual penalty of a life of prayer and penance is imposed upon Rev. Joseph Nemec. He is prohibited from performing any public ministry.

• Worth a Look 1

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Diocesan Statement 04-26-24

Rev. Joseph Nemec (no longer retaining the honorary title of Monsignor) has been found guilty of the graviora delicta of inducing an adult woman to commit a sin against the sixth commandment in the context of a sacramental Confession. This decision was ratified by the Holy See and, under the authority of the Holy See, the perpetual penalty of a life of prayer and penance is imposed upon Rev. Joseph Nemec. He is prohibited from performing any public ministry.

Which 6th commandment are we talking about? The murder one or the sex one?

• TBH 1