ScottyIce

2018 Spring Game Visitors

It’s that time again!

ATH Ty Robinson 

WR Cam Coleman

WR Kyren Williams

RB Thomas Grayson

DE Stephon Wright (if he doesn't make it for Jr. Day)

RB Jouvensly Bazile

WR Marlyn Johnson

WR Kyle Ford

LB Spencer Lytle

Edited by ScottyIce
  • Plus1 2

The football coach at Deerfield Beach — a perennial powerhouse program that sits just north of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean — is bringing eight of his best players to Nebraska the weekend of the April 21 spring game. Each is coming on business.

"They're all super interested," Glenn said. "We don't go unless we got guys that have full interest. We don't just joyride. We're coming for a reason. Those guys that have a high interest and definitely have an appetite for seeing it and checking it out, we're coming to let them see what they need to see and talk to who they need to talk to to move along in the recruiting process. It will be a big weekend for my kids and I assume it will be a big weekend for Nebraska as well, hosting those guys."

Four recruits will attend the spring game itself. The only member of the 2019 class is four-star linebacker/defensive end Ge'mon Eaford, a four-star playmaker with more than 40 scholarship offers to most of the nation's top schools. Three 2020 prospects will also be on the Memorial Stadium sidelines in Jaylan Knighton (four-star running back with nearly 30 offers), Bryce Gowdy (an unrated wide receiver whose offers include Auburn and Florida) and Deajaun McDougle (an unrated wideout with offers from the likes of Alabama, Florida State and Michigan).

Four other Deerfield Beach players from the 2019 class will arrive April 22 after attending Kansas State's spring game the day before. They are Miles Dickens (a three-star defensive end with close to a dozen offers including Auburn), currently unrated defensive ends Brandon Dorlus and Jamarius Landers and middle linebacker Brandon Moses. Dorlus holds Power Five offers, including Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee and Purdue.

OWH

• Plus1 1

2019 Recruits
RB Thomas Grayson, Oklahoma 
APB/RB Jouvensly Bazile, Florida
RB John Bivens, Ohio
WR Marlyn Johnson, Pennsylvania
OLB Spencer Lytle, California
WR Kyle Ford, California
WR Joshua Delgado, Florida (IMG)/California
OT Michael Lynn, Colorado 
WR/CB Bryce Childress, Missouri
CB Jaydon Hill, Alabama
WR Marlyn Johnson, Pennslyvania
OLB Michael Jansey, Illinois 
S Tyler Owens, Texas
OLB Ge'mon Eaford, Florida
2020 Recruits
RB Jaylan Knighton, Florida
WR Bryce Gowdy, Florida
WR Deajuan McDougle, Florida

Edited by BIG ERN
  • Plus1 6

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

52 degrees and rain.

Are they still going to have it?

Rain and over 50 degrees and cancel it? I would say that goes against the path of creating a culture of toughness that Frost is installing. I doubt it will be raining hard either. 

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, alohaah said:

Rain and over 50 degrees and cancel it? I would say that goes against the path of creating a culture of toughness that Frost is installing. I doubt it will be raining hard either. 

I think the only way they cancel is if there's lightning like a few years ago. Some fans might not show up with weather like that, but most still will.

2 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I think the only way they cancel is if there's lightning like a few years ago. Some fans might not show up with weather like that, but most still will.

The good thing about the start time is that it will allow them to postpone if something happens. Also by starting at 11, you can get in and out before the time thunderstorms usually start, mid afternoon.

This will continue to grow as the week progresses, but here is who I have seen confirmed in recent days:

Tacorey Turner: 3star CB 2019. (Coming with Cam Taylor, no offer).

Spencer Lytle: 3star OLB 2019.

Ty Robinson: 4 star Dline 2019.

Mosai Newsome: 3 star DE 2019. 

• Plus1 1

2019 Recruits
RB Thomas Grayson, Oklahoma 
ATH Ty Robinson, Arizona 
SDE Mosai Newsom, Iowa 
APB/RB Jouvensly Bazile, Florida
RB John Bivens, Ohio
WR Marlyn Johnson, Pennsylvania
OLB Spencer Lytle, California
WR Kyle Ford, California
WR Joshua Delgado, Florida (IMG)/California
OT Michael Lynn, Colorado 
WR/CB Bryce Childress, Missouri 
CB Jaydon Hill, Alabama
WR Marlyn Johnson, Pennslyvania
OLB Michael Jansey, Illinois
S Tyler Owens, Texas
OLB Ge'mon Eaford, Florida
ATH/WR Trustin Oliver, Colorado

CB Tacorey Turner , Alabama
2020 Recruits
RB Jaylan Knighton, Florida
WR Bryce Gowdy, Florida
WR Deajuan McDougle, Florida

Edited by BIG ERN
  • Plus1 3

6 hours ago, ADS said:

And that's what I get for reading some knock off husker writer for the Lytle confirmation. 

19 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Zavier Betts will also be there. He'd be a nice kid to lock up early. Top 100 guy on 247.  

You think Frost would accept the commitment?  He said he doesn't want anyone to commit unless they are 100% N.  That would be a tough thing for a sophomore in HS to do, I would think.

9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

You think Frost would accept the commitment?  He said he doesn't want anyone to commit unless they are 100% N.  That would be a tough thing for a sophomore in HS to do, I would think.

I think if a Nebraska kid wanted N and they are worthy of an offer I say you take it. The more of them you can get listed as N the more it looks like it's not worth other team's time to come and attempt to poach in-state players.

19 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Yes, I do. Also when I said "early", I didn't neccessarily mean this weekend.

I also think you were taking Frost's comment far too literal. We took Woodyards commitment, then he visited Tenn and we still let him sign. 

Edited by Warrior10
  • Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Yes, I do. Also when I said "early", I didn't neccessarily mean this weekend.

I also think you were taking Frost's comment far too literal. We took Woodyards commitment, then he visited Tenn and we still let him sign. 

Frost didn't say he wouldn't sign a kid if they looked around.  But he said he prefers to not have early commits.  I don't know how else to take his comment

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Frost didn't say he wouldn't sign a kid if they looked around.  But he said he prefers to not have early commits.  I don't know how else to take his comment

I'm not starting another pointless arguement with you, sorry. I think we'd take his commitment early, you don't. Great, let's move on. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I'm not starting another pointless arguement with you, sorry. I think we'd take his commitment early, you don't. Great, let's move on. 

I have no opinion either way.  But you and a few others on here seem to be the resident experts and insiders regarding recruiting and I was seriously curious as to your thinking about taking an early commit based on what Frost has said about them.

Sorry for trying to expand on this further

Betts is a Nebraska kid. As far as committing early I think Frost understands if a local kid is ready to commit early- he is probably going to stay true. It would help tremendously with rebuilding the Nebraska local recruiting roots to lock up a top 100 recruit, who happens to be a local kid for 2020 already. Aside from that aspect of locking up a local kid- you are locking up a top 100 kid which I would imagine would help recruiting in general. Showing elite talent is coming.

18 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I have no opinion either way.  But you and a few others on here seem to be the resident experts and insiders regarding recruiting and I was seriously curious as to your thinking about taking an early commit based on what Frost has said about them.

Sorry for trying to expand on this further

I am no expert, just a fan. I pay a subscription and those experts provide info and reading I find worth the cost. I try to share pieces of information that I find informative or interesting, without breaking either sites premium info rules.

I also have my own opinions that I form. One of those is the opinion it would be nice to lock Zavier Betts up early. The staff has shown major interest in him/prioritized him, even though he's only a sophmore. He's rated as a top national prospect. Regional P5 schools are pushing, bigger ones will too at some point. 

"Locking him up early" for me would be anytime between now and the fall of his senior yearish. I think it's key to get the instate guys on board early as the foundation, see Jurgens. Unfortunately with Hickman/Henrich we are busy playing catchup.

It is possible he commit early (even this early), truly thinking he's 100% N...Jurgens did. Do I think he will, no. Do I think the coaches would happily except it, yes. Like a lot of things I don't think one shoe fits all as far as deciding who to take early and who not to. 

Just my thoughts, sorry for misinterpreting your post. 

Edited by Warrior10
  • Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Aside from that aspect of locking up a local kid- you are locking up a top 100 kid which I would imagine would help recruiting in general. Showing elite talent is coming.

Do you think locking up Cam Jurgens early helped Riley in recruiting?  He was a local top 100ish player.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Do you think locking up Cam Jurgens early helped Riley in recruiting?  He was a local top 100ish player.

It was nice to have a player of his caliber rooming the sidelines almost every week for two years with recruits. It was like having an extra recruiting staff member. 

1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

It was nice to have a player of his caliber rooming the sidelines almost every week for two years with recruits. It was like having an extra recruiting staff member. 

I just wonder what impact it really had.  It seemed that Bookie did more to help (and eventually more to hurt) recruiting for 2018.

Maybe Cam was good for it.  Who knows?  

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I just wonder what impact it really had.  It seemed that Bookie did more to help (and eventually more to hurt) recruiting for 2018.

Maybe Cam was good for it.  Who knows?  

I think it's impossible to know. I just remember always seeing photos on gameday of Jurgens in a circle of recruits, for two years. 

20 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

There is zero chance that CJ was not good for recruiting

How do you know this?

Edit:  For the record, I didn't mean to imply he was "not good" for recruiting.  I'm just wondering if he had that much impact on it.

Edited by StPaulHusker

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Riley didn't win games. That's why the last class fell apart 

Completely agree.  They were successful at getting top rated players interested.  They even had some of those commit.  But, Bookie and others started realizing that as much as they liked the staff and Nebraska, they weren't going to win here under them.  Ultimately, they want to win. 

If Riley would have been winning 9+ games a year, chances are, that class would have stayed together.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Completely agree.  They were successful at getting top rated players interested.  They even had some of those commit.  But, Bookie and others started realizing that as much as they liked the staff and Nebraska, they weren't going to win here under them.  Ultimately, they want to win. 

If Riley would have been winning 9+ games a year, chances are, that class would have stayed together.

Bo won 9+ games and didn't do well with top players

Riley didn't win 9+ games but did do well with top players

I hope Frost is able to see what the recipe is

Edited by StPaulHusker

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

How do you know this?

Edit:  For the record, I didn't mean to imply he was "not good" for recruiting.  I'm just wondering if he had that much impact on it.

Are you serious - There isn't one quote out there that leads anyone to think that he did.  There is also not one situation out there where you could make an educated guess that it would be the case.  

3 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Are you serious - There isn't one quote out there that leads anyone to think that he did.  There is also not one situation out there where you could make an educated guess that it would be the case.  

I literally have no idea what you just said

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Bo won 9+ games and didn't do well with top players

Riley didn't win 9+ games but did do well with top players

I hope Frost is able to see what the recipe is

Bo did not like to recruit so he basically didnt. But he won 9+ games. Imagine if he wasnt too lazy or stubborn to recruit what he could have done if he had better talent on the roster. 

Riley could recruit but he was too lazy to coach. Imagine if he could coach and won 9-10 games a year and showed progress. Recruiting would have only gotten better. 

We saw what frost did at UCF and other stops- he is a winner. He coaches well and wins. We have seen so far he has a clear direction on recruiting and all signs point to him being a solid recruiter as well. He puts in the effort. So when the wins come the recruiting will get a little easier. Then the wins pile up and the recruits start to pile up. That is when you become elite on Alabama and Ohio State level. 

We have not had a duel threat coach in a long time. I think we have one now. 

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We have not had a duel threat coach in a long time. I think we have one now. 

I don't think we want a coach out there shooting people

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I literally have no idea what you just said

Sorry for you - there are place that you can go for help.  

1 minute ago, GBRFAN said:

Sorry for you - there are place that you can go for help.  

Perhaps you shouldn't follow me around and comment on my posts if you're going to just type words trying to insult me or be negative towards me.  Which is the basis for most of your comments.  It's a bad look.  

look in the mirror

as stated before you aren't worth looking for

Edited by GBRFAN

1 minute ago, GBRFAN said:

look in the mirror

as stated before you aren't worth looking for

Yet you make sure you make comments on lots of my posts.  Hit the ignore function if what i say bothers you so much.

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Yet you make sure you make comments on lots of my posts.  Hit the ignore function if what i say bothers you so much.

Dude - you could do the same. 

You threw out a question - i answered the question.  You come with some joke of a reply. 

Quit looking for a fight in every thread - this thread is about the spring game so lets move on.

Edited by GBRFAN
  • Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Dude - you could do the same. 

You threw out a question - i answered the question.  You come with some joke of a reply. 

Quit looking for a fight in every thread - this thread is about the spring game so lets move on.

Your comment made no sense.  It wasn't a joke of a reply.  

If you don't want to ignore my posts.  At least stop commenting on them with gibberish.