Russia

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's interesting that it appears the crown jewel was a rusty old airplane from the 70s.

Planes don't rust :D

Who knows when/where that stock photo was taken, but that plane needs some TLC. Technically the USAF AWACS (E-3) is based on an older plane than that A50 since it's the Boeing 707 platform.

13 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Planes don't rust :D

Who knows when/where that stock photo was taken, but that plane needs some TLC. Technically the USAF AWACS (E-3) is based on an older plane than that A50 since it's the Boeing 707 platform.

I know planes usually are made of aluminum or something that doesn't rust.  But, if that's not rust on the big radar circle on top, then it hit some pretty nasty stuff at some point in time.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know planes usually are made of aluminum or something that doesn't rust.  But, if that's not rust on the big radar circle on top, then it hit some pretty nasty stuff at some point in time.

I was just kidding. Planes can rust depending on the alloys their made of. That dome is probably made of fiber glass though (anything metallic would be way to heavy), so it's just the composite showing. Still a bad thing as sunlight can degrade fiberglass.

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What a pathetic country.  So good that technology is making it easy to see how lame those commies have become.  

I have to ask: I know you’ve said your first generation in the US.  Are your parents from Russia?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I have to ask: I know you’ve said your first generation in the US.  Are your parents from Russia?

f#&% no...Poland.

So we get the blessing of hating the germans and the commies!  Which I why I can't wait to see those commies piss off Poland enough so that Poland finally gets their revenge.  

nazi soldiers did kill what would have been a great uncle of mine, in front of my grandmother who was just a girl...then they took her to a work camp for like a year.

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

f#&% no...Poland.

So we get the blessing of hating the germans and the commies!  Which I why I can't wait to see those commies piss off Poland enough so that Poland finally gets their revenge.  

nazi soldiers did kill what would have been a great uncle of mine, in front of my grandmother who was just a girl...then they took her to a work camp for like a year.

Thanks.  That makes more sense why you hate them so much.  Not that anyone should sympathize with them right now, but you always seem like it’s personal.  It is.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Thanks.  That makes more sense why you hate them so much.  Not that anyone should sympathize with them right now, but you always seem like it’s personal.  It is.

That entire commie country needs get reset like an old Nintendo game.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

That entire commie country needs get reset like an old Nintendo game.

Even the former Soviet countries still have a lot of issues. E.g. if you want to get a driver’s license in Ukraine (based on pre-war knowledge) in any amount of decent time, you bribe someone, and then you don’t even have to pass the test. Or if you want your passport interview fast tracked you bribe them for that. There is a lot of corruption like that even in the local government, which is why I’m never surprised to see Zelensky firing people or having them arrested for stealing war funds. 

They had that form of government too long and still haven’t completely changed the mindset.