Obama Could've Expelled Cruz But Let Kill Students. Re Skin Color?

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Given the overwhelmingly liberal groupthink that goes on here, I suspect most conservatives have decided it's not worth the bother. 

Excuse me Mr Ric - no one on this board has ever called me a liberal - far from it.    A few years ago - I was that unthinking far right conservative using the talking points  of whatever talk radio fed me.   I woke up.  I'm a conservative but I'm not beholding to the talk radio guys, to one party or esp one current president. If the election was held today, I would most likely vote for a right of center candidate but I don't want anyone to think they own my vote.   I don't want to speak for BRB but I bet he would feel the same way as well as a number of other conservatives on this board who define conservatism as more than an alt right or far right position.    I have attacked liberal group think on HB before but I've found that it is better to listen than argue all the time.  I've gotten to better understand the liberal perspective.  I also realize that no one has a corner on proper policy - there are times when a liberal or left of center position makes perfect sense in our modern society.  We conservatives believe that smaller govt and more local govt is the most effective govt but that doesn't mean tax cuts have to be our every election mantra.  I think Trump's tax cuts and GWB tax cuts were ill timed.   I think JFK (a Dem :o) and Reagan tax cuts were timed correctly. 

Yes, there are probably more left of center posters on HB, but I think you and other strong right conservatives would be better advised to engage, learn and understand and then have a more thoughtful policy discussion vs throwing out 'talking points'. (Generally speaking and not specifically about HB members:  Yes the left throws out their talking points too - both sides do it.  But nothing gets accomplished.  The left sees the right as enemies and visa versa.)   I now consider these 'enemies'  as friends - not because they changed or had to change but because I choose to stop, listen, and understand.   I will never vote for a Bernie Sanders but I better understand that perspective and that understanding enables me to engage better. 

Maybe it is better to stop the liberal, moderate, conservative tag lines and think of each person as desiring to improve our society like I want to improve our society but they have a different path of doing so. Stop  automatically assigning a bad motive to someone who thinks differently.   Talk radio has been successful because it has created an enemy of the left - but those same people are our neighbors, friends, brothers and sisters and parents in many cases. Are they really evil or just have a different perspective on healing our sick society??  I choose to believe the later.

Edited by TGHusker
  • Plus1 7

18 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is why you should have to have a minimum of 100 posts before you can start a topic on this site.

100? I'd suggest adding another zero to that, good Sir. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Given the overwhelmingly liberal groupthink that goes on here, I suspect most conservatives have decided it's not worth the bother. 

Not sure how moderate thought processes became liberal in your eyes, but we've already covered elsewhere how your extremism and lack of rational thought is a disease. 

Edited by VectorVictor
36 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, there are probably more left of center posters on HB, but I think you and other strong right conservatives would be better advised to engage, learn and understand and then have a more thoughtful policy discussion vs throwing out 'talking points'. (Generally speaking and not specifically about HB members:  Yes the left throws out their talking points too - both sides do it.  But nothing gets accomplished.

I enjoy reading the perspective of others and fully understand that political threads here are often dominated by multiple posts from a more limited number of posters.

I think gaining perspective from others while using personal discernment is a key.

• Plus1 2