Men in America

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b2/Comparison_gender_life_expectancy_CIA_factbook.svg/1280px-Comparison_gender_life_expectancy_CIA_factbook.svg.png

It looks like all but about three nations in the world where females outlive males. That should save you from a lot of anxiety about men specifically in the US. 

I am on a phone so this is too hard to muscle through the rest.

• Plus1 1

You can use the "quote" feature, because from afar, it looks like you rather than Tucker went on one hell of a wimpy, unhinged rant. Embarrassing yourself in this way is highly unbecoming of a man, especially an American man, and you'll want to make it clear that this wasn't actually your manifesto -- you just admire it. Which, what's the difference, really, but hey.

Since I don't wear spandex, I know that you can do this by selecting the text and clicking the button that looks like two tadpoles (") in the editor; this is called getting it done. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, zoogs said:

You can use the "quote" feature, because from afar, it looks like you rather than Tucker went on one hell of a wimpy, unhinged rant. Embarrassing yourself in this way is highly unbecoming of a man, especially an American man, and you'll want to make it clear that this wasn't actually your manifesto -- you just admire it. Which, what's the difference, really, but hey.

Since I don't wear spandex, I know that you can do this by selecting the text and clicking the button that looks like two tadpoles (") in the editor; this is called getting it done. 

Yawn. Discuss the merits or begone. Whining about the method by which I acknowledged it’s Tucker’s writing rather than my own makes you sound like Richard Simmons pining for a granola bar.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I appreciate the adding of a serious point Moraine. The thread topic is a serious ome, which deserves more attention than it’s getting. We spend more time worrying about whether a handful of mentally ill teenagers can use restrooms consistent with their mental illness than about why millions of young male Americans are simply giving up.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yawn. Discuss the merits or begone. Whining about the method by which I acknowledged it’s Tucker’s writing rather than my own makes you sound like Richard Simmons pining for a granola bar.

For the record it's against board rules for you to post such a large chunk of someone else's writing, and also against the rules to not provide a link. They don't want to get sued.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Sounds like men need to stop being lazy and pick themselves up by the bootstraps

You’re confused buddy. The discussions about why women need quotas and handouts so they can continue playing sports no one watches or cares about is in the Title IX thread. 

Moiraine is correct -- to remove my tongue from my cheek, and in all seriousness, you should select a reasonably small excerpt to post alongside the link, so that people can go to the source, give the good ad companies their revenue, and see for themselves what crank these conservative agitprop sites are rife with. While not necessarily likely, reproducing articles in full on this forum is liable to cause some trouble for the all-volunteer staff here to have to respond to, and let's try to avoid that. It's a common mistake, it happens, especially since most of us aren't lawyers and thus, not usually mindful of legal issues.

Tongue back in cheek, have a cookie and three man points for those Large Size Letters you edited the first post with. You will get +5 man points if you switch it to a serif font. Don't tell me you're going soft, now. I hope these duly recognized man points will make your night. Cheers!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Moiraine is correct -- to remove my tongue from my cheek, and in all seriousness, you should select a reasonably small excerpt to post alongside the link, so that people can go to the source, give the good ad companies their revenue, and see for themselves what crank these conservative agitprop sites are rife with. While not necessarily likely, reproducing articles in full on this forum is liable to cause some trouble for the all-volunteer staff here to have to respond to, and let's try to avoid that. It's a common mistake, it happens, especially since most of us aren't lawyers and thus, not usually mindful of legal issues.

Tongue back in cheek, have a cookie and three man points for those Large Size Letters you edited the first post with. You will get +5 man points if you switch it to a serif font. Don't tell me you're going soft, now. I hope these duly recognized man points will make your night. Cheers!

I added quotes around it and a link, so you can stop your hyperventilating. 

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I added quotes around it and a link, so you can stop your hyperventilating. 

It still isn't following the rule.

It is permissible to post a short (one paragraph or less) paraphrasing of the gist of the article, and a direct link to the article.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/49785-posting-newspaper-and-publication-articles/

Edited by Moiraine