Men in America

Just now, Making Chimichangas said:

It's true...the skinny ties he always wears is about as "unmanly" as it gets.

:D

Nice. I like him generally, but can’t shake his early days as Margaret Carlson’s punk kid. I also hate bow ties. With a passion. :-)

When Jon Stewart took down CNN's thoroughly tepid Crossfire, Tucker was one half of their Both Sides.

I've always loved his casually savage takedown of Tucker. "How old are you? 35. And you wear a bowtie."

There are so many thoughtful, intelligent people who could be at the center of the national discourse; something is deeply wrong with us that instead folks like Tucker can do nothing but fall up in spite of their complete mediocrity. When Jon told them, "you're hurting America", there was this hope, so many years ago, that having recognized it we would stop allowing it to continue. Alas...

Incidentally, the reason for this push by Tucker is that it's International Women's Month this month. It's facile and juvenile of him, but it's also no joke at all given his position and his obvious, unfortunate effectiveness in convincing aggrieved, vulnerable men that he's some sort of searing intellectual.

• Plus1 3

I will say one thing: I may disagree with Ric Flair, but his posts are somewhat entertaining.  Also, I appreciate the fact that finally a conservative is posting in the P&R Forum.  To Ric, all I will say is tone down (just a tad) the rhetoric.  Take it from someone who has been given "vacations" before.  I know you probably don't care if you get banned, but discussions are so much better when there are actual disagreements.

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, zoogs said:

When Jon Stewart took down CNN's thoroughly tepid Crossfire, Tucker was one half of their Both Sides.

I've always loved his casually savage takedown of Tucker. "How old are you? 35. And you wear a bowtie."

There are so many thoughtful, intelligent people who could be at the center of the national discourse; something is deeply wrong with us that instead folks like Tucker can do nothing but fall up in spite of their complete mediocrity. When Jon told them, "you're hurting America", there was this hope, so many years ago, that having recognized it we would stop allowing it to continue. Alas...

Incidentally, the reason for this push by Tucker is that it's International Women's Month this month. It's facile and juvenile of him, but it's also no joke at all given his position and his obvious, unfortunate effectiveness in convincing aggrieved, vulnerable men that he's some sort of searing intellectual.

Tucker is infinitely preferable to the likes of Hannity, Beck, and O’Reilly. Maddow is probable the most intelligent and tolerable liberal to watch. 

Eh, infinitely? I dunno, they're all some range of peas in a pod. It's like this inescapable feature of cable news, I think. The low-hanging fruit always captures most of the attention and drives most of the conversation. Folks like Tucker, to look at it from another view, are very skilled in this area.

1 minute ago, zoogs said:

Eh, infinitely? I dunno, they're all some range of peas in a pod. It's like this inescapable feature of cable news, I think. The low-hanging fruit always captures most of the attention and drives most of the conversation. Folks like Tucker, to look at it from another view, are very skilled in this area.

If you actually watch and listen, Tucker’s a smart cookie. Sure he’s a little douchey sometimes, he’s in cable news. On the evolutionary scale it’s something like microorganism>primitive sealife>televangelist>cable tv host. But Hannity just isn’t very bright. Even when he was in a show with a debate format, they had to bring in someone nice and just happy to be there like Alan Colmes to make it look like Hannity was a star. 

On the liberal side, Maddow is similarly head and shoulders better than no-talent a**clowns like Lawrence O’Donnell or Al Sharpton. I rarely agree with her, but still listen from time to time, wanting to hear the best form of the argument from a liberal point of view. I’d love to see a show where she debated the issues with someone like Tucker or Ben Shapiro and think we would all benefit from that kind of show.

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I added quotes around it and a link, so you can stop your hyperventilating. 

Hmmmm...I would have thought someone who so strongly supports the "law and order President" and so strongly feels the need to point out how everyone else other than white straight men is ruining life as we know it......would appreciate rules and guidelines.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You can actually watch Tucker Carlson wrestle what he knows is morally sketchy into a workable rhetorical argument -- like a college student playing devil's advocate with the liberal kids he still wants to hang with. 

Sean Hannity might actually believe his own bulls#!t. 

They both "believe" whatever the Republican party wants them to "believe".

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They both "believe" whatever the Republican party wants them to "believe".

Well maybe you haven't been watching Hannity lately, but he is more than willing to side with Donald Trump AGAINST the Republican establishment, where much of the conservative battle and personal hissy fits are taking place. Judge Jeanine and Laura Ingram will also take Donald Trump's word over Paul Ryan's any day.