** 2018 Opponent Previews: Colorado (Game 2) **

17 hours ago, Ziebol said:

I am seeing people on other forums taking CU in this one or us winning by a last second field goal. I feel like I am taking crazy pills. Is everyone that scared of Colorado? How can you honestly have confidence in this staff/team if you don't see them beating CU at home.

I still feel so Rileyed that I think CU wins this game.  

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I realize Colorado has been bad the last several years.  And the rivalry, should you want to call it that, is no longer.  But from the time Tom Osborne retired, they had played Nebraska fairly close in most games.

In the 13 games from TO's retirement to Nebraska leaving the Big 12:

Nebraska has a 9-4 lead

7 games were decided by single digits

3 of Colorado's 4 wins were by double digits.

Seems they played up when we faced them.  But again, this is different.  The players today were as young as 11 when we last played.  Not going to be the same hype, I'm guessing

Nostalgia can be a wonderful thing though. Maybe the hype won't be the same among players on both teams but you can bet your behind our stadium will be rocking for this one.

Just now, FTW said:

That defeatist attitude should have died the second SF was named the new HC of Nebraska.

I know...and it did.  Then we got closer and closer to games and I just keep thinking "My god, they were so bad last year, so very bad, can they really be that much improved with a lot of the same players that have been Rileyed"

• Plus1 2
Just now, teachercd said:

I know...and it did.  Then we got closer and closer to games and I just keep thinking "My god, they were so bad last year, so very bad, can they really be that much improved with a lot of the same players that have been Rileyed"

You'll be over it soon. We've got the right leadership, a winning staff with a hard-nosed culture. I think Frost is right. This team was not a 4-8 team last year. And there is no reason we can't achieve higher than Wisconsin has. There's no reason we can't expect immediate success. 50+ new players joined this team to start that new winning tradition.

It's going to be tough and we have to be prepared for the dog fight with Iowa and Wisconsin every year. This year is no different. There's no time to sit back and prepare for the future, we have to win NOW, we have to go big or go home, period.

Mike Riley will become nothing but a flash in the pan in the annals of Nebraska history. I think these players have bought in 100% and have turned the page.

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, FTW said:

Nostalgia can be a wonderful thing though. Maybe the hype won't be the same among players on both teams but you can bet your behind our stadium will be rocking for this one.

After last week’s disappointment I think fans are going to be pumped up for the Buffs. If we lose it won’t be from a lack of fan support.

Re-watching some of the Rocky Mountain (No)Showdown. Not sure what to make of the CU defense. CSU has a 1st-year OC (and possibly first time ever OC). Their offense is just, Idk, pretty blah. Their O-line play was downright atrocious at times. Some of that it CU, but CSU is just bad bad.

CSU's defense is terrible and looking worse by the week. Arkansas and Florida the next two weeks might get somebody fired. They couldn't even get lined up when CU wasn't using a quick tempo.

The problem with prognosticating this game is;

What Nebraska was/did last year has nothing to do with this year.

CSU was so pitifully bad that CU's first game gives no indication.

That leaves me with only my gut feeling to go on and that is telling me we are a much improved team and Frost simply will not allow CU to come into Lincoln and win in his debut. But it is our first game with quite a few young guys, notably a true frosh QB. That alone should contribute to some jitters and mental mistakes. I would like to predict a larger margin of victory but based on these factors I'm going with 40-27 Huskers.