Huskerboard Fantasy Football 2018

Fantasy Football  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Drafted my long-standing league tonight - three of us have played in the same league each year for the last 27 years.  It is now a 16-team league.

My first three picks in that league were exactly the same as my first three in this league.  I guess I'm pretty well hitched to the Gordon/McCaffrey/Demaryius wagon this year.

• Plus1 1

On 8/27/2018 at 10:30 PM, Mavric said:

Only getting two of the first 40 picks definitely puts you in a hole.

Probably waited one (which was two for me) rounds too long to take a QB.  I had Roethlisberger, Rivers, Stafford and Smith queued up for Round 9/10 but only Roethlisberger was gone by my turn and basically everyone had a QB.  So I thought I'd get cute and wait another round, thinking one of the other three would surely drop.  But they didn't.  We'll see how that works out.

It's how winning the league tastes like :)

Looks like you got a pretty good QB after all though.  Who is it again, Flacco?? :lol:

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

Drafted my long-standing league tonight - three of us have played in the same league each year for the last 27 years.  It is now a 16-team league.

My first three picks in that league were exactly the same as my first three in this league.  I guess I'm pretty well hitched to the Gordon/McCaffrey/Demaryius wagon this year.

Well, at least you wont have to worry about your team after week like 6.

Give you more time to focus on other things.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, admo said:

First of all, Wow 27 years, how does that happen?!

And secondly, those same guys again? How does that happen?!

Two of us have been best friend since before we were in kindergarten.  The third guy is two years older than us but a family friend.  The older guy started running a league when then other two of us were in 8th grade.  Old school, paper-and pencil scoring.  Had to actually talk to him to let him know lineup changes for the week.  Only counted touchdowns - Barry Sanders was a terrible fantasy player.  He'd manually type up a sheet each week, run copies for everyone and hand them out.  Went that way for a few years until the internet brought us electronic fantasy football.  That's made it a lot easier to keep it up over the years.  Now all of our wives play as well plus my best friend's brothers and their wives and my kids are in their second year.

That is so cool buddy. I am envious :)

No wonder you won it last year!

This year might be a bit different though.

Not because of your QB draft woes......

but mainly because, We are ADMOFOES!!!!! chuckleshuffle Prepare to taste The defeat!!! 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, admo said:

No wonder you won it last year!

Oddly enough, since our league has been going on Yahoo - back to 2001 - I've only won it once and got second once.

I guess I was just lucky in this league last year.

Or you guys are worse than our wives.....  :o