Re-Watching Games from Last year

46 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I rewatched the '96 Tostito's Championship Game...…..it didn't seem as impressive as I remembered it being. I think the Jose Cuervo changes your perception of a game.

But it was better than ANY Riley game.

Are you talking about the Fiesta Bowl?  That was the most impressive showing, given the circumstances, in my lifetime as a Husker fan.  Just the second quarter alone is amazing.

Watch the video talking about how we were underdogs.  Its called like Florida speed or something.  It will remind you of the national perception going into that game.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Watch the video talking about how we were underdogs.  Its called like Florida speed or something.  It will remind you of the national perception going into that game.

That was a great Florida team, as they showed in winning it the following year as the top scoring team in the nation. Nebraska was the only team they didn't beat in that two year span, avenging their only loss in 1996 later in the year.

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Are you talking about the Fiesta Bowl?  That was the most impressive showing, given the circumstances, in my lifetime as a Husker fan.  Just the second quarter alone is amazing.

I think that apprehension caused by the pregame hype and the tequila are why it was so much more exciting than watching the replay.  It was one of my favorite games but not nearly as fun as watching the real game.

10 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

SI had Florida picked. 

On 8/4/2018 at 12:08 PM, brophog said:

That was a great Florida team, as they showed in winning it the following year as the top scoring team in the nation. Nebraska was the only team they didn't beat in that two year span, avenging their only loss in 1996 later in the year.

FSU beat that Florida team in 1996 - the year Florida won the title. Florida got lucky in getting a rematch with the Seminoles in the Sugar.